chapter 19 ~ 'a plan of revenge'

I fall to the ground and the whole world freezes. I stare at Aunt Jenna's poor lifeless body laying there on the sofa. This can't be happening.

She's covered in bruises and scars, probably days of torture she'd endured.

Her skin, pale and cold... but her beautiful red hair silky soft as always.

The one person I had left. The one person who couldn't die.

"Why isn't she opening her eyes?" I cry, holding on to her cold hands trying to shake her awake.

She can't be dead. She can't be.

"Jenna! Wake up, please! Wake up! I'm here now, you're safe!" The tears won't stop falling.

Brianna's POV

I watch my best friend as she kneels on the floor, crying out loud as she mourns for her Aunt. I don't know what to do.

How am I going to help her get through this?

After a while, we cover poor Jenna's body and I take y/n to Ginny Weasley's room which she kindly let us borrow. I lay her down on the bed and cuddle up next to her.

Her breathing slows down and eventually the cries grow quieter as I soothingly tuck her hair behind her ear.

I let her rest and head downstairs to find Lorenzo sitting on the sofa so I sit beside him and he wraps his arm around me.

"I can't believe it." He mutters. "How did this happen?" He asks the man sitting opposite us, known to be Remus Lupin.

"She was on her way to find us and warn us about the Dark Lord and his mission to kill your friend, y/n... but on the way she got snatched by one of the death eaters."

"Which one?"

"Bellatrix Lestrange." He says, his voice low and full of hatred. "After that, they took her to the Malfoy Manor and tortured her for days. It was only until the Dark Lord's son, Mattheo, made a deal with his father to let Jenna go. But by the time we got there to bring her back, they'd already killed her."

"I'm sorry for your loss. I know you were close with her." I tell him.

"She was my best friend." He says and stands up, walking out of house.

Mattheo's POV

I did what I had to do. It was the only way to save her. I did what I could but my father broke his promise. He let that bitch Bellatrix kill her Aunt even after I made the deal and I don't think she'll ever forgive me.

It's my fault. If I didn't provoke my father then maybe Jenna would still be alive. She didn't deserve to die. I know I only met her once but I could tell she was a pure soul. She would have done anything for y/n.

Now y/n has no one. Not even me. I will forever be trapped in this wretched house with my father. I barely managed to escape the last time. Now they have Draco guarding me 24/7. His constant blabbering pisses me off.

He did tell me he brought y/n to the Weasleys for her to see her Aunt. He also told me she was in absolute agony and won't get out of her bed. It's been weeks.

He said she didn't even want to go home. It'd just make her feel worse with all the memories of Jenna around her.

For now, I'm going to have to deal with Malfoy and his constant yapping if I want him to give me daily updates on y/n. He's the only way I can find out what she's up to and whether she's okay.