chapter 10 ~ 'toddy boy'

"How are we going to get out of here?" I ask, intrigued to what stupid ideas this boy has. "Is there some type of transport... or?"

"I have a portkey." He smirks, pulling something out of his pocket which is wrapped in a cloth.

"Don't touch it yet, we have to touch it at the same time."

He places it on the ground and takes the cloth off it.

"A RUBBER DUCK!?" I exclaim, laughing hysterically.

"Don't ask." He rolls his eyes.

"So, where are we going?"

"London."

We both hold the rubber duck with one hand and using my other, I hold onto his.

Even though I still despise him, I'm going to have to hate him less if I'm going on the run with him.

To be honest, I don't know why I agreed to this but oh, well. Here we go.

The portkey sends us spinning, making me extremely dizzy until we finally land on the streets of London.

The towering buildings stand before us and the noisy sound of speedy cars pass by us. I remember how me and Aunt Jenna scurried along the streets, shopping at every boutique we saw here during the summer.

"Oh my god." I pant, holding onto Mattheo for support as my head spins.

"You've never used a portkey before?" He laughs.

"What do you think?" I send him a glare.

"Well, I've never been to London." He states.

"What? You've never been to London!?" I exclaim, shocked at what he just told me.

"What do you think?" He replies with one of his famous smirks across his face.

I watch him as he gazes at the busy road, the tall office buildings and people rushing to work. I admire the way he smiles at the things around him, his eyes glimmering in the sun.

I realise that, well... I've never seen him in this light before. He's different.

Either he's arguing with me or just blatantly flirting with me or... he's just in a really bad mood, most of the time.

I'm excited for this trip. Maybe he'll open up to me more and... I don't know.

Damn, his jawline is pretty good too.

I still hate him though.

"Checking me out again, Esmeray?" He grins as he continues to look at the buildings.

"No. Don't get to-" I pause midway sentence.

In the alleyway just beside us, I see a figure walking towards us, surrounded by... black smoke?

"Mattheo-" I hold his arm, ready to run.

"What?" He asks, looking at my hand which is gripping harder onto his arm by the second.

"We need to go, right now." I say and point to the figure heading towards us.

"SHIT. RUN!" He exclaims and we sprint off, crossing the busy roads of London.

The wind passing by my cheeks and my heart racing. Adrenaline rushes through me so I run even faster.

"KEEP UP RIDDLE!" I shout and notice he's at least two metres behind me.

He runs faster and grabs my hand as we turn a corner.

"We need to apparate." He says as we come to a stop.