chapter 18 ~ 'reunion with the ferret'

I can't believe it that just happened. It's unbelievable to think that the Dark Lord's son, Mattheo Riddle, is in love with me? Absolutely mind boggling.

We eventually came back home after our kiss and found Enzo and Brianna having sex. Um... yeah. That'll be hard to forget.

It's pretty dark outside at the moment and I'm extremely tired so I decide to go to sleep, but I can't. I genuinely can't. My mind and heart is flooded with a variety of emotions about the events that played out today... I'm drained.

First off, my memories came back and I found out about Aunt Jenna... then I make up with Brianna and Enzo which makes me really happy but then... I kiss Mattheo. Well, Mattheo kissed me.

It's just all too much and I don't know how to deal with it. The pain of knowing that Aunt Jenna could very well still be out there with that wretched wizard, locked in his dungeons being tortured... it kills me.

I'm just glad that Mattheo is not on his father's side. I mean of course he isn't. He ran away from him with me and saved me from the death eaters when they're were literally going to kill me.

Even though I did say he has no heart, I do regret saying that. I've seen it myself, he does have emotions quite frankly.

I stretch in my bed and decide to picture and empty void, surrounded by blackness so no more thoughts would prevent me from sleeping.

Suddenly, someone knocks on the door so I wave my wand to open it.

"Hey princess."

"Hey." I smile.

He closes the door behind him and sits beside me on my bed. I lay my head on his lap and he begins playing with my hair and tucking it behind my ear. It's so soothing.

"Mattheo?"

"Yes?"

"Now that we don't hate each other, I'm kind of sad."

He stops playing with my hair and I know he's confused.

"What?"

"I mean, when we did hate each other, we'd have knife fights and they were so fun in my opinion... so like can we still have knife fights?"

He starts laughing and I look up at him.

"You're so kinky."

"I am not kinky." I reply sternly.

"You have a knife kink."

"But I don't, I just want to have a knife fight!"

"Tell me, why do you like having knife fights with me?" He stops laughing and smirks, looking down at me.

"I told you, because they're fun."

"In what way?" He raises his brows. "Is it the fact that you can get really close to me?"

"No."

"The fact that you like the tension and constant eye contact."

"No."

"You find me hot?"

"All of the above." I tell him and hide my face under the covers.

"Fine, we can still have knife fights." He rolls his eyes.

"Lay down next to me." I tell him and he does.

We shuffle to face each other and I look into his sparkly eyes. I don't know why but they sparkle so much, especially when he has the gorgeous smile across his face.