chapter 8 ~ 'the potion of love'

I finally head to my dorm room, not wanting to go back to that party. I'll explain to Hermoine tomorrow why I disappeared.

Before I get into bed, I take a quick shower making sure to use my favourite pomegranate shower gel.

Pomegranate actually smells really nice and it does wanders to my skin.

I plop into bed with mixed emotions...

I don't know whether to be angry at Mattheo for not telling me his 'secret' or be understanding about where he's coming from...

The last time I found out a secret that was being kept from me, it all went to shit.

But he can't leave me hanging like that. One way, or another, I'm going to find out the truth.

I just have this gut feeling that something's not right. He did mention that it has something got to do with his wretched father.

God, when I think about it, I feel extremely sorry for Mattheo... having a dad like that.

I have no father but it's obvious that the Dark Lord is not a good parent. I mean, he's the Dark Lord!

The question is... what's his son doing at Hogwarts?

Probably to recruit Enzo and Draco to join their pack of death eaters but I'm pretty sure there's another motive to it... another reason.

What if it has something got to do with the cackling lady? I don't know who she was but I know for sure she was dangerous... extremely dangerous.

***

Once I wake up, I quickly get dressed for the school day and make my way to my first lesson: Potions.

I mentally prepare myself with what I'll have to deal with seen as though I have Draco and Mattheo in the same class.

I also plan on getting the truth out of Mattheo. A part of me wants to help him and a part of me just tells me to leave it, I already despise him and that I shouldn't get involved...

But I have to. I blame it on my personality.

I walk into class and to my surprise I find Mattheo already at his seat so I plop oneself to the chair beside him, sending him a confused expression the whole time.

"What?" He asks.

"You're never this early."

"I'm just really looking forward to educating myself, you know what I mean?" He squints his eyes, trying to explain himself.

"Mattheo Riddle, looking forward to actually learning something? It can't be." I gasp.

"I'm a changed person." He leans back in his chair, placing his hands behind his head.

"Right." I roll my eyes.

"Well, well, well. Mudblood! You've finally opened your gob after all these weeks!" I hear a voice call out as they approach us.

For fucks sake, it's Draco.

Mattheo immediately stands up and grips Draco by the tie, choking him slightly.

"Try be more insensitive you little bitch and I'll beat you the fuck up." Mattheo spits, glaring at the ferret.

"You've gone soft, Riddle. Your father won't be pleased you're fucking a Mudblood."