chapter 17 ~ 'speechless'

He raises his wand to my forehead and mutters a spell, before I know it, I scream in pain and fall to the ground.

All I feel is agony. All the memories are jumbled up as they flood back into my mind and tears start rolling down my cheeks as I feel a mix of emotions all at once.

I cry in pain and notice Brianna reaching down to comfort me but Mattheo pushes her back, his wand still pointing at me.

What takes a minute, feels like hours. The constant piercing pain in my head finally stops and I flop onto the floor taking deep breaths.

Aunt Jenna.

She's the first thing that comes to mind.

"We have to save her. We need to go, now." I tell them, taking deep breaths as I slowly stand up from the ground.

"Y/n, we've already got some people looking for her." Enzo tells me.

"What? Who?"

"Your Aunt Jenna was part of a group..." Enzo starts.

"She was part of a revolution against my father." Mattheo finishes. "Remus John Lupin was her one of her best friends and he informed us with what's going on. They're going to save her. Don't worry."

My breathing steadies and I lean against the wall.

"Take me home."

***

"Tea?" Brie asks me.

"Yes please."

I flop on the sofa, embracing the comfort of my own home. All I can think about right now is Jenna. No one else.

I have a feeling something bad is going to happen. The Dark Lord has her and he won't spare her until he has me... until he kills me.

I stand up and look at the two brothers sitting on the sofa opposite me.

"I'm going to do it. I'll let him take me. I'll let him kill me. If it's the only way we know for sure that Jenna gets to live, so be it." I state strongly.

"Are you daft?" Mattheo scoffs. "He will never spare her, even if you give yourself up."

"Great, so Jenna's going to die anyways."

"Listen, I trust Lupin. I've heard a lot about him and I do believe he'll save her. You know I don't put my trust in a lot of people y/n."

I sigh and flop back down on the sofa as Brianna brings in a tray of teacups.

"This is the most British thing ever." Enzo laughs, making me smile a little.

At this point, I feel there's no reason to be angry with anyone. This whole time, anger has gotten me no where. I know they lied to me yet again about Jenna but I understand. They just didn't want to see me dead.

Brianna sits on a separate chair beside the sofa which makes me feel so bad. I can't believe it. My best friend. I feel like I haven't even had a proper conversation with her in ages and I miss her a lot.

Standing up from my seat, I head over to Brie and say, "may I?"

She looks at me confused and I sit on her lap as she holds me like a baby. I give her the biggest hug ever and happy tears start rolling down my cheeks.