chapter 7 ~ 'in your dreams'

I freeze, my eyes wide.

Suddenly, Draco rolls his sleeve up too, then Mattheo. They all hold out their arms for me to see.

"The fucking dark mark? That was the big secret?" I step back, absolutely full of mixed emotions.

"We were going to tell you-" Brianna says but I cut her off.

"And how long have you known Brie?"

She pauses for a moment and looks down.

"HOW LONG!?" I shout.

"Since summer."

I gasp, realising my best friend has been lying to me this whole time.

I take a look at them all and shake my head in disappointment, rushing out of the tower.

"Y/n! Wait!" I hear Enzo shout.

"Just let her go." Mattheo stops him from chasing after me.

I rush to my dorm room and scream into my pillow. For some reason, I don't cry. I just feel fucking angry.

I hide under the covers and just freeze, lost in all my thoughts.

So, Mattheo and Enzo are apparently brothers. Who would have known?

So does that mean the Dark Lord is Enzo's dad too? Or do they have the same mother?

Also, Mattheo, Draco and Enzo are death eaters? That's great.

The best bit of it all is that Brianna knew the whole time. She lied to me this whole fucking time.

When I grew suspicious of Draco and Enzo, she followed me and supposedly helped me figure out the 'mystery', when she knew it all already.

Just when I thought we were friends again and everything was better...

The truth unfolds.

***

Two weeks later and I'm still not talking to any of them. I'm still fucking angry. How am I supposed to forgive them?

Plus, it's better to stay away from them... they are apparently death eaters after all.

I'm not surprised that Mattheo's one and I kind of expected Draco to be one... following on from his dad because he's super suspicious... but Enzo? That came as a fucking shock.

He told Brianna and not me. We're meant to be a trio of best friends!

This totally proves that trios just don't work.

Since that horrific day, I've spent most of my time in bed, skipping most lessons. But when I do have lessons, I tend to ignore anyone and everyone.

I sit alone at lunch sometimes to, when I do go lunch. I've been skipping meals to... I know it's bad but I've lost the will to even eat sometimes.

I just feel like my life has turned upside down all of a sudden... it all got so chaotic ever since...

Ever since Mattheo arrived.