Chapter 17

It's been a month since Sasuke's incident where he had to be brought to the emergency room. A few days later, they checked into a one bedroom hospital suite. They figured Naruto would stay with him as well so he could also be on bed rest.

Naruto was now twenty-eight weeks along, practically weighed down by his large stomach. He slept almost as often as Sasuke in their king size bed. He would occasionally get spurts of energy where he would leave to go around town, sometimes inviting Sasuke, but he was hardly ever up for it.

Deidara also visits often, helping to plan a baby shower for him. Naruto felt bad that Deidara was now planning two, one for the small group of their close-knit family where they can comfortably fit in the hospital room, and one that Deidara woud plan at his and Itachi's place where they'd have a larger gathering.

Iruka and Kakashi stop by pretty often as well, Iruka more so than Kakashi. He kept them up to date with local news. Iruka would also stop by their house, making sure things aren't covered in dust, plants are water and other small details like that.

Currently, Iruka just finished bringing them dinner, sitting on a small couch situated in the bedroom. He watched as the two began to eat before he cleared his throat. "So Sasuke, how have you been feeling this past week?"

"Not that good." Sasuke admitted, chewing slowly as Naruto seemed to be gobbling his food at a frightening speed. "If I'm not sleeping, I'm in an intense amount of pain."

"Yeah, he even groans in his sleep." Naruto remarked sympathetically, lightly rubbing Sasuke's arm. His plate was almost empty and Sasuke offered up his own to the blonde. Naruto narrowed his eyes. "You aren't hungry?"

"Not really." The raven shook his head. "Here."

"Sasuke-" Naruto denied the offer plate.

"You really should try and eat a little bit more, Sasuke." Iruka tried to offer helpfully.

With a defeated sigh, Sasuke placed the plate back in his lap and tried to eat more.

Iruka turned to Naruto and gave him a small smile. "What about you Naruto, has your blood pressure gone down?"

Naruto shook his head and leaned his head back against the headboard. "No. But it hasn't gone up either." He sighed loudly. "All I can really do is keep calm."

Iruka nodded before offering to take Naruto's empty plate. He looked at Sasuke who was now pushing around his food instead of trying to eat it. Iruka chuckled lightly. "Would you like me to save the leftovers for you, Sasuke?"

The raven looked up at him and nodded at him. "Thank you, I appreciate it."

"No problem." Iruka took the plates and stood up, making his way to their very small kitchen. The suite was practically a studio, not too much room but enough to get by. He found some tupperware and transferred the plate inside before placing it in their mini fridge. He began to wash the dishes and once he was finished, he made his way back to in front of their bed.

"Alright you two, I still have some papers to grade before tomorrow. I'll see you around then, yeah?" He gave them a bright smile.

"See ya later, Papa!" Naruto waved enthusiastically.

"Thank you for dinner." Was Sasuke's polite reply.

Iruka waved once again before leaving, closing the door behind him.

Naruto snuggled into Sasuke's chest and Sasuke wrapped his arms around him.

Shortly after, a loud bang made the two jump and look towards the door. Naruto gasped in surprise to see who it was.