Chapter 2

Sasuke followed Naruto into Ino's house. He let out a sigh as he heard all the noise coming from inside as soon as Naruto opened the door.

Ino was throwing her first boy/girl party since they all entered middle school a few months back. With Christmas only a few days away, Ino decided to throw this party to spend time with her friends after school.

"Come on, Sasuke. Don't just stand out in the cold." Sasuke looked up to see Naruto standing in the doorway, his bright orange jacket taken off to reveal the dark brown sweater he was wearing. He smiled brightly at the raven-haired teen.

Sasuke gave a small smile back before stepping fully into the house and taking off his own jacket.

"Merry Christmas, guys!" Sakura seemingly came out of nowhere from somewhere in the house and wrapped her arms around both of their shoulders. "You guys are the last people to arrive! We're gonna eat, then watch a movie then me and Ino have a special surprise for everyone." She smirked at the two of them and Sasuke felt a shiver run down his spine.

"Why do I feel like I'm going to regret this?" He groaned as he followed the pinkette and Naruto into the kitchen.

"Aw don't worry, teme!" Naruto turned to give him a toothy grin. "We both know the girls, they're harmless.

As he finished saying that, both Ino and Sakura began to cackle. Naruto's eyes widened and he hid behind Sasuke.

"Hey Fox-boy!" Kiba called from the table. "Quit your hiding and come over here!" He pulled out a chair and Naruto quickly ran over and sat next to Kiba.

Sasuke decided to take the seat in between Naruto and Neji. Neji was Hinata's older cousin, he was a year older than the rest of the group but easily enjoyed their company.

"Now let's eat so we can get this day over with!" Ino said as she brought out a couple pizzas and set them on the table.

The group of kids ate to their heart's content, laughing and talking and enjoying each other's presence. After they finished dinner, they followed Ino into her large living room where they put on Elf, getting into the holiday spirit.

"Can't you just totally see Naruto being Buddy?" Chouji commented as he stuffed a handful of chips into his mouth.

"O-or even Kiba!" Hinata pointed out with a giggle.

"Yeah, yeah!" Both Naruto and Kiba muttered, pouting.

The room laughed and Sasuke smirked down at the blonde.

"Naruto would also be more likely to go into the girls shower and sing along to Christmas songs. Kiba's too much of a pervert for it to be anything more than sexual." Ino snickered as Kiba's face turned red and he began to protest at Ino's words.

Sakura nudged Ino in the side. "If Naruto was Buddy, I can definitely see you being Jovie." She snickered as she watched both Ino and Naruto turn red at the comment.

Sasuke felt something churn in his stomach and he frowned. He carefully watched the interactions between Ino and Naruto throughout the rest of the movie. Most of their actions were the same as always but once in awhile, Ino's hand lingered a little too long and Sasuke felt himself glaring.

"Hey, what's up with you?" Sakura nudged Sasuke gently with her knee. Sasuke stopped his glaring to look over at Sakura who had an eyebrow raised.

"What do you mean?"

Sakura snorted and rolled her eyes. "You're glaring more than normal. Just wondering if everything is okay."

By now, Naruto turned to look over at Sasuke, unintentionally ignoring Ino's last comment who looked a little disappointed at the lack of interest. "All good, teme?"