Chapter 12

A few hours after his appointment, Naruto found himself at his parents house, a cup of herbal tea in a mug placed in front of him. He waited patiently for Iruka to sit down in the seat across from him, a wide grin on his face.

Iruka couldn't help but smile, seeing his son smiling was contagious. He set his own mug of herbal tea down in front of him and sat down in the kitchen seat, giving the blonde his full attention. "Alright, I'm ready for the big news."

"I don't think you are." Naruto replied with a playful tone. "I'm still wrapping my head around it!"

Iruka chuckled and took a sip. He raised an eyebrow at the blonde. "Well, there's only one way to find out, tell me!" He reached over and grabbed Naruto's thigh, squeezing it gently.

Naruto giggled. "Okay, okay!" He took a sip of his tea. He inhaled and exhaled before his grin seemed to grow bigger. "I'm having multiples!"

Iruka's jaw dropped and his eyes widened. He would swear that if he was holding his mug, that would've dropped in shock too. "M-multiples?"

"Mhm!" Naruto nodded enthusiastically.

"How many?"

Naruto sheepishly rubbed the back of his head. "The doctor said four but it may be a little too early to tell. When they're a little bigger and he can be able to distinguish bodies from one another, he can give me an accurate number."

"Wow." Iruka well speechless.

"I know." Naruto grinned. "Guess those fertility treatments worked, huh?"

Iruka nodded and then frowned. "Will you be okay, Naruto?"

Naruto gave him a confused look. "What do you mean?"

Iruka bit his lip nervously. He didn't want to upset the blonde but,he had concerns. "I don't want to upset you, Naruto."

Naruto crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back in his chair. "What? Tell me."

Iruka let out a sigh. "Well, with Sasuke's condition and everything, you'll be dealing with this pregnancy a lot on your own. I don't want you to be overwhelmed."

Naruto scoffed. "What do you want me to do? I'm already pregnant!" He didn't mean to raise his voice at his father but he was overthinking it all. "And just because Sasuke's sick, doesn't mean anything! He'll still be there for me!" He felt the tears start to sting his eyes and he wiped at them. "Damn it. Now I'm crying."

"I'm sorry, Naruto." Iruka stood up and walked over to him, wrapping his arm around his shoulder and hugging him tightly. "It's just hard to be pregnant with one baby, I just can't imagine how much harder it'll be with three additional ones."

Naruto sniffled and wiped at his eyes. "It's suppose to be exciting news and now you got me worried."

"It's normal to worry about your pregnancy." Kakashi stated walking into the kitchen. He stood in front of Naruto and gave him a small smile. "But you're right, you won't be alone," he grasped onto both his son and husband's shoulders. "Not only will you have Sasuke, you'll have me and your dad. Your cousin, Sakura and all the wonderful friends you've made. All of us are here for you."

Naruto stared up at Kakashi before he burst out crying once again. Kakashi and Iruka looked at each other in bewilderment and then back to their son.

"Naruto, what's wrong?" Iruka asked worriedly.

Naruto shook his head before smiling brightly at him, tears still falling steadily down. "Nothing, I just love you guys so much!"

"Aw!" Tears also began to spring to Iruka's eyes before he gathered the blonde into his arms, squeezing tightly. "We love you too, Naruto!" Kakashi nodded before also joining in the group hug.