Chapter 6

Sasuke Uchiha sat in his desk, his head resting impatiently in his hand as he stared at his brother, Itachi, who was sitting in front of him, rambling about something useless once again. He sighed impatiently before sitting up straight in his seat and clearing his throat. “Are you finished?”

Itachi stopped his talking at the rude interruption. “Don't you want to know what Deidara did next? It’s quite the tale.”

Sasuke scowled at him. “Your wedding was three months ago! And I was there! You've been telling this story nonstop since you got back from your honeymoon.”

“I can't help that my lovely wife is the only thing on my mind.” He replied with a sigh. “You were the same way with Naruto.”

Sasuke rubbed his temples, closing his eyes as he felt a headache coming on. “Can we just get this over with.”

“You feeling okay?” Itachi asked, concerned for his younger brother.

Sasuke let out a loud sigh, running his fingers through his hair. “Yeah. I think I might be getting sick again. This headache never goes away and my chest is starting to get that tightness again.”

Itachi frowned as he studied his younger brother. “You work yourself too hard. You need a break.”

Sasuke once again began to rub his temples. “There's too much work for me to take a break.”

“It's only going to get worse, Sasuke.” Itachi gave his brother a stern look. “And then what's going to happen is you'll have to be out longer just to recover allowing the work to pile up and then you'll be in over your head once again. It's a vicious cycle.”

Sasuke rolled his eyes as he looked over a sheet of paper. “I'll deal with that issue when I get to it.” He looked up at his brother. “Are you ready for the conference call in fifteen minutes?”

Itachi let out a sigh. “Let's go over the opening and closing statements one more time.”

Naruto finished changing out of his nursing scrubs just as his cell phone began to ring. He headed out of the locker room and pulled out his phone from his jean pocket. He checked the caller ID and smiled at his brother-in laws name. “Hey Itachi, what's up?”

“Naruto, my second favorite blonde in the whole world.” Itachi’s voice sounded more pleasant than usual and Naruto smirked. The usually stoic Uchiha never sounded this happy unless it involved his baby brother and some kind of scheme.

“What's the agenda? Are we going to dye the time’s hair bright pink?” He snickered into the phone. He turned the corner of the hallway to the exit of the hospital.

He heard a chuckle from the other line. “Actually, we're going to be doing the opposite.”

Naruto paused in pushing the door open. “Huh? The opposite of dying his hair?”

“No. The opposite of pranking him.”

Naruto let out a disappointed sigh. “That's kinda boring.”

“He needs it.” The concerned voice alerted Naruto. “He said he was starting to get sick again.”

Naruto frowned as he climbed into the front seat of the car. “He was sick just last week. He didn't mention this to me at all.”

He heard Itachi sigh. “He just brought it up today. He probably thinks its nothing and doesn't want to worry you.”

Naruto growled into the phone. “I told him he needs a break from his job. He never fucking listens to me.” He put his phone into the cup holder and switched to the Bluetooth option on his car. He started the car and began the drive home.