A Small Miracle

"Huff huff huff......"

She gasps for air and keeps running.

Her lungs hurt, and her strength has long since reached its limit, but she can't stop running.

She's afraid that she will be killed if she's caught by that man.

Miya's feet were moved by a sense of responsibility that she could not waste the precious time her brothers had bought for her.

(Hurry, hurry, I have to tell everyone about the "adventurer killer"! If I can report it quickly, maybe Onii-chan can be saved!)

Miya knew in the corner of her mind that it is almost impossible, but she couldn't help but hope.

However, a loud shout of terror echoed, ending her hope.

"You two, brother and sister, how dare you all messed up with me?! ... You don't even know how to behave in front of me, the future hero. This is why I hate humans!"

"Im, impossible..."

Miya's shocked. She holds her breath and leaks a voice of despair as she sees Kaito is flying in front of her.

A broad sword resembling Grandius is floating in the air, and he is on top of it.

Kaito swung Grandius into the air.

The Grandius sword vibrates, making a sound like a musical instrument and creates multiple swords.

Kaito controls the blades to create a staircase that leads to the ground.

The reason why he can get ahead of Miya and that he can approach and ambush the veteran adventurer in the level 3 swamps without being noticed was all because of Grandius' power.

When he swings Grandius with his will, the sword splits.

The sword duplicates could be manipulated by the user's will.

Kaito was able to catch up with Miya by flying on top of the broad sword.

Also, each of the duplicates contained random attack magic.

The number of sword duplicates depends on the skill of the person who holds the Grandius.

The other day, Kaito created multiple sword duplicates, threw them in every direction, and pierced the back of an adventurer who escaped in the smokescreen.

When Kaito landed on the ground, he glared at Miya with a cold and frustrated expression.

"You brother & sister have annoyed me, this future hero. Especially your brother. Not only interrupted me, but he also humiliated me. As his sister, you must pay for it. I'm going to use you as an entertainment tool. After I've satisfied torturing you, then I'm going to kill you!"

"......."

Miya is so desperate when Kaito catches up with her that she's prepares to face her own death.