Chapter Sixteen: Didn't Sleep Well Last Night.

"I think this is the... Apus." Lily Evans squinted at the stars, unsure about what she was looking at. It had been by the grace of luck and extra studying that Lily managed an E for her Astronomy OWL's. She was rather bright in most subjects, but Astronomy was not one of them.

Not glancing up for more than a second, Remus looked up and then jotted down. "Carina."

Lily let out a huff of exasperation. "I'm bound to right at some point."

"Not unless we move to the Southern Hemisphere." Freya Grey noted and Lily's brows furrowed. A single manicured fingernail pointed at the textbook. "Wrong page."

This had become their routine the past month for class. Lily would get the constellations wrong, Remus would correct her, and Freya would offer a comment or two when she saw fit.

"Bloody hell." The redhead muttered under her breath, flipping to the correct page. Not that would have helped much. "This is ridiculous class." Just as the words quietly left her mouth their tall and lean teacher passed by.

"Having an issue, Ms. Evans?" Professor Aurora Sinistra asked, concern in her wispy voice.

"None, thank you for asking Professor." Lily smiled kindly at her and Professor Sinistra returned the gesture before making her rounds.

A small curl of the lips appeared on Remus and Freya's mouths. They shared a look as they watched Lily's catered smile drop. Lily was far too kind to admit that she hated the subject in front of Sinistra especially when Sinistra was so passionate about it. This aspect of Lily impressed Freya. Sure Freya was always polite to teachers and classmates(unless they deserved otherwise), but she could never fathom caring how they felt so much.

Covering his mouth, Remus let out a yawn and a sleepy blink. Lily's leaned forward slightly, her attention moving to him. "Are you alright, Rem?"

"Just a little tired." He waved his hand dismissively. "Didn't sleep well last night."

It must be known, Remus never slept well and the blue moons under his eyes were as attached to him as the thin white scars across his face.

Sympathetically, Lily gently gave his hand a squeeze. She was very affectionate and fond of her fellow Prefect. The brown-haired boy was beyond intelligent and kind but had a rather unfortunate reputation. Not because of his affiliation with the Marauders since most believed that he was not responsible for the pranks(though he mostly was), but he seemed rather strange because of his suspected illness and "accidents".

After class was over, Lily asked to stay to discuss something or other about the constellations and extra credit.

It would be a long journey back to the dungeons and Freya had an early class the next morning and didn't want to say out longer than usual, so she bid Lily goodbye and left.

After a moment of walking, she heard light footsteps trailing behind her. Her head turned back to see a thin boy holding his homework in his hands. Remus had an awkward air about him. "Would it be alright if I escorted you to your dorm?"

"Wouldn't it better if you slept?" Frey questioned.

"Trust me, if I could find a way to sleep through James' snoring, I would." He joked.

"In that case, I accept." She gave a slight nod of her chin and the duo walked down the many stairs of Hogwarts.

Quickly, she spared a glance at him. He looked like he hadn't slept in days and his hair was bent at an odd angle where she sees he ran his hands through it. James's snoring couldn't have been that bad, could it? Unless he was as annoying in his sleep as he was when he was awake, that'd be dreadful.

Remus pretended not to notice her quick glance; he had a sixth sense for them and had gotten used to them. He returned the look in hopes of catching her, but her attention seemed to have shifted inward.

The walk was pleasant and quiet without anymore exchanged looks, that Remus almost forgot that either of them could speak until Freya suddenly said, "Fairy leaves." Remus rose a brow at her. "They help with sleep."

"I see." He nodded slowly; he had heard of them before and thought they didn't have them at Hogwarts. "And how would I obtain these leaves?"

"Professor Sprout grows them in a blue jar in her classroom," Freya said simply, but the slightest change of tone in her voice made it seem to make Remus push down a mischievous curl of the lips.

"Would this blue jar be near the prohibited section?"

Freya never bought into the harmless and simple Remus Lupin idea that most professors seemed to have. She knew he, at least to some degree, was a bit of a devil. But she could respect a devil if they knew not to disturb her. "Perhaps."

Again, he nodded and kept his chin forward like hers. "And it is it to be understood... that I am understanding you clearly?"

"It is to be understood." Her tone didn't change or even indicate that she was suggesting he stole from her teacher's stash. "Goodnight, Remus."

"Goodnight, Freya," Remus replied as she disappeared down another corridor.

When Freya arrived back at the common room, Severus Snape and Regulus Black were both in the middle of doing their homework.

"How was astronomy?" Regs asked, desperate for something other than History.

"It went well." She replied dropping her book bag on the ground, then turned to Sev. "Lily says you owe her an apple." An amused smile touched his face and Freya was rather curious about the whole apple business.

Regs seemed to have lost all interest in his homework. "That's the class you have Lily and Lupin in, right?"

Freya knew he was simply trying to get out of writing his essay, but before she could comment, Snape cleared his throat. "You were hanging out with Lupin again?"

"He's quite proficient at astronomy." The curly-haired girl explained carefully.

"He's also friends with Potter." Snape's voice had a certain venomous edge to it.

Her attention snapped to him. "His company is none of my concern."

A thick pause floated in the air of the common room. The hair on the back of Regulus' neck rose, and he held himself still. Betrayal and disgust flashed across Sev's face, and his lips turned into a thin line. After a letting breath out through his nose, Sev stood up. "I think I shall retire early."

"Sleep well." Freya was not sure if it was appropriate to say, but it left her mouth regardless. He gave no reply.