Chapter Seventy Four: Obvious.

Sunshine was never-ending in the Evan's beach house. When Freya Grey woke up to the soft glow of light tinted by the pretty pink curtains, she was startled by how rosy everything was. A petal pink filled the room, jarring against Freya's usual color palette. The space beside her was empty, minus the pillow barrier and Regulus Black's expensive cologne scent.

Fortunately, she had not drunk as much as others (she assumed Marlene McKinnon would be throwing up her stomach that early). Unfortunately, that did not stop her from regretting the previous night.

His lips on hers were a ghost that haunted every inch of her, sending her knees buckling again. It was so...

—No. Freya was determined to ignore it and planned to do so until Lily Evans had cornered her next to the downstairs bathroom.

Violently hush could best describe the tone at which they spoke. Not a decibel above a quiet whisper because Marlene  and Regulus were in the kitchen. Regulus was assisting with breakfast(blindly because he had never cooked before), and Marlene was downing hangover solutions and directing him on how to make pancakes.

Arms folded, Lily sported worry and frustration as she poked through the dismissiveness of Freya's responses. There was a massive elephant in the room in the form of a sixteen-year-old boy, and Freya simply planned on ignoring it like it was a piece of decorative furniture. "Freya, it's his brother!"

"I am painfully aware of that, Lily," Freya replied, tightening her silky robe aggressively. "You will tell him nothing. It was a... mistake."

Lily looked at Freya flatly. Last she had checked, mistakes often don't wind up on top of you and kissing you like they were starved. Freya held her calmness firmly, but Lily could see through it. Finally, Lily softened. "Do you like him?"

Like Sirius Black? Was Lily insane? He was... 

It was not the kiss that washed over Freya but his smile. That damned smile that brings anyone to their knees. "We were just..." She could feel how his nose tickled her jaw when he teased her with his mock sniffs, how his smell filled her body and warmed her. "Stirred up." She said, but Lily could see in her face that she was much more than stirred up. However, in the flash of a second, Freya's gaze turned sharp to Lily. "You will tell Regulus nothing, understood?"

Out of empathy over fear, Lily agreed. "Okay." Freya's shoulders relaxed slightly, and Lily pressed her lips together. "Was it... good?"

"I suppose," Freya said. Lily leaned her shoulder against the wall and tilted her head at Freya. Finally, Freya admitted. "I never quite believe in the concept of a deity, but if I did, it would be his mouth."

"Damn," Lily whispered and inspected Freya in awe. "You kissed two boys in less than twenty-four hours." Freya had not thought about it, but yes, she had; she was ready to defend herself. However, Lily had a playful, borderline proud smile working on her face. "Summer Freya's different." The curly-haired girl snorted, and they started returning to the kitchen; then Lily asked, "Was James honestly that bad?"

"Of course not," Freya answered immediately, then added. "But, he can't know that."

Lily laughed.

***.

Once there were enough pancakes to feed a small village, Freya was sent to collect the rest of the members of the house. James Potter and Peter Pettigrew were the only Marauders who had assisted in making breakfast since they claimed Remus Lupin and Sirius Black were late risers. However, Freya had heard the water running for quite some time before she offered to check on Remus, but James blocked her path on the stairs.

"He's a diva when it comes to his hair." James placed both hands on either side of the banister. His position on the stairs forced him to crane down to look at her as he spoke. "Between him and Sirius, I'm lucky if I get three minutes."