Chapter Sixty Five: Rupture.

Once the yellow rays of sunrise hit the ground, Freya Grey bolted for the notoriously known Shrieking Shack, where it's said howls of the damned were kept. A solitary fallen-apart abandoned house in Hogsmeade that had the screams of tortured and depraved souls of those whose spirit was stuck where their blood was spilled. 

Unfortunately, that was false, and the only screams there came from Remus Lupin as his body broke every month.

Ever since Remus opened up to his friends all those moons ago, they had wanted to help him in any way they could. That included several things, such as planting an incredibly tall and violent Whomping Willow to cover up the secret passage to the off-bounds abandoned shack and developing some sort of private way of protecting themselves better against the wolf attacks that they had refused to share with Freya. However, that did not stop her from patiently waiting all night outside the shack (listening to the weirdest noises) to see how Remus responded to the potion.

Without a second thought, Freya burst open the door and got hit with a choir of "Freya!"

Quickly, she covered her eyes with her palms, warmth rising to her face. "Sorry!" At some point, nudity was mentioned in whatever enchantment they used, and Freya had thought they were just being crude. Apparently, they had not been. Still, the embarrassment was an ant hill next to her mountain of curiosity. "Did it work?"

"Knock next time." James Potter grunted as he pulled on his pants.

Barely in his boxers, Sirius Black draped his button-up over his shoulders. "Please, with me in the room, I doubt she was even looking at you." Freya heard a shoe clatter across the room. "Ow."

"It worked." Remus Lupin finally answered, and Freya dropped her hand to look at him. His arm hooked over Peter Pettigrew's shoulders as they both worked to button his pants. "Very well, I might add. Best full moon I've had in years." Something about Remus seemed both tired and exhilarated, his body covered in sweat but face not yet worn. "Thank you." Freya nodded, and Remus looked at Sirius. "Both of you."

"Anytime, Remus," Sirius assured, then his gaze danced over Freya as she watched Remus. It was all for him, anyway.

A shot of resentment bolted through him, and he pushed away the feeling. Resentful towards Moony? The poor boy was being pulled apart every month, and Sirius had the audacity to be envious. Sirius must be more damned than he thought.

***

Five people sat in a secluded corner of the Three Broomsticks on a Saturday afternoon. And, as Freya Grey spoke, jaws dropped in shock and horror at her following statement. "Alexander offered her so much more. If Lewis cared so deeply for her, he would have wanted what was best for her."

"But, she loved Peter; you can't possibly expect her to pass that up." Remus Lupin argued, leaning towards her across the sticky wooden table.

"Yes, I can."

Pushing her index finger into the table, Lily Evans tilted her head. "So, you're saying that if you met your soulmate, you'd pass that up for some rich bloke?"

"My soul is fond of nice things." Freya sipped her butterbeer.

Regulus Black glanced at her. "Such a romantic you are."

Jaws dropped, and Lily turned to the boy on the other side of her. "What about you, Severus?"

Sev, who enjoyed the show, had a look of surprise at the sudden attention, and he looked at Freya, who seemed confident in his allegiance with her. However, with Lily so close to him, he could not help but answer honestly. "In this, I suppose I would go with Lewis."