Chapter Twenty One: Spicing Up Her Dull Scheming Life.

"For the love of Merlin, Sirius, stop this madness." Remus Lupin tied his scarf around his neck with a tired expression.

"It's for your own good." Sirius Black started running his hand through his long brown hair, keeping up with the quick pace Remus had set for them in an attempt to avoid them. Of course, using the map, they managed to cut him off before he reached the courtyard. "Freya's bad news, isn't that right, James?"

"She's plain mean." James Potter stated with a grimace.

"And ruining someone's Saturday is kinder?" Remus's pale brown eyes shot over the rest of his forced companions.

"Rude," Sirius said. "If anything, I'm spicing up her dull scheming life."

"What could she possibly want with me?" Exasperation burned Remus' voice from having this conversation at least eight times for the past week and a half.

"I don't know, steal your soul, turn you into her slave, make you wear those ugly black cloaks all the Slytherins seem to have." The grey-eyed boy listed.

Desperate for someone with common sense, Remus made a far reach for their other companion. "Peter."

"It never hurts to be cautious, I suppose." Peter was rather indifferent about Freya, but he tended to cling closer to Sirius' ideas than most. Which Sirius liked, thus resulting in him throwing an arm around Peter and pressing a quick kiss to his temple.

When the group made it to the courtyard to join the rest of the people going to Hogsmeade, the first person to spot them was Marlene McKinnon, and her face pinched slightly. "What are you guys doing here?"

All attention fell on the four boys, and Remus wanted to die.

"Nice to see you too, Marlene." A white teethed smile came on Sirius' face as he spoke to her, then shifted his attention to the group. "We needed to get some supplies at Zonkos and heard our dear friend Remus was going to Hogsmeade. So we decided to tag along."

"Purely coincidental," James added, bouncing on his heels.

"Indeed." Peter grinned.

A wave of discomfort came from the three dark-haired Slytherins eyeing the Marauders. The group had consisted of Severus Snape scowling behind Lily Evans, Freya Grey glaring at Sirius Black rather intensely, and Regulus Black tensing under his black coat. Even with her slightly displeased expression, Marlene was by far the warmest one in the group.

Swallowing down her dislike for James, Lily clapped her gloved hands. "Let's get a move on, shall we?"

Quickly, clumps formed in the groups as they trudged to the small village. James hung back with Marlene speaking about Quidditch plays. Lily walked towards the front leading the pack and animatedly attempting to reignite some of the comfort Severus lost with the introduction of the three other boys. Peter, Remus, and Sirius clumped next to each other quieter than usual. Regulus and Freya walked beside each other, whispering amongst themselves in a way that did not sit right with Sirius.

Regs barely moved his lips as he asked, "Did Lily invite them?" Freya cast a glance at the three boys then shook her head. "Splendid."

An exaggerated pout came on his face, and playfully Freya nudged him. "Don't scowl; it causes wrinkles." He scrunched his face into a forced regal expression that looked far too much like Malfoy's face for Freya not to grin. "Much better."

Soft laughter shook Regs' shoulders, and the movement caught Sirius' eyes. They were too far apart for him to hear, but by the dimple on his brother's pale cheek, he knew they were having a good time.