Chapter Seventy Seven: Want.

The moments of peace were few and far between for the Gryffindor Captain and Prefect, James Potter. Out of boredom, he decided to pick up a book by a muggle author that Lily Evans, his fellow Head Student, had recommended. It is an older novel about a proud bloke with a grand fortune and a terrible attitude, and a less wealthy, stubborn, and prejudiced woman. A huff left James at the haughty Mr. Darcy. "Prick." He muttered to himself. A slam came from the door, and James jumped. Sirius Black crossed the room in quick strides and then sat on his bed that was right beside James.

"James." Sirius's attention was on the ceiling. "I'm going to tell you something, but I need you to not freak out." If there were any set of words that were to set James on edge more, it would be that his mother found what was in the box under his bed (even then, his mother was not nearly as dramatic as Sirius). Fingertips touching one another, Sirius selected his words. "I snogged Freya." Slightly, his head tilted. "Again."

"Pardon?"

"And I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. What would you do?"

James sat up in his bed. "I wouldn't have snogged her."

"You kissed her!" Sirius argued.

"For a game!" James shouted back, then clasped his hands together and rested them on his lips. Deep breath in. Deep breath out-- Nope. His eyes popped open. "Again? How many times have you done this?"

"Only twice," Sirius said in a tone that would have been assuring had it not been for the fact that he snogged Freya Grey more than once.

Being both Sirius's roommate in and out of school, James was at a loss trying to figure out how Sirius found the time to do so. Had he thrown out the trash one day and decided to pop in on Freya's house, snog, then come home for supper? "When?"

"Once at Lily's house, once... just barely--"

"Oh, Padfoot." James groaned and threw himself back into his bed. His hands rubbed his temples.

"Lily actually caught us the first time, so that was a little awkward." Sirius joked lightly.

"I can't imagine why," James muttered sarcastically.

Rubbing his hands on his thighs, Sirius let the information soak over James for only a second before his nerves got the best of him. "What do I do?"

Pulling himself up, James had a displeased expression. He was fond of Freya and was starting to consider her a relatively close friend since she was the only one outside of the Marauders to know about their operations. The thought of Sirius with his tongue down her throat was alarming. "You like her?"

"It didn't mean anything if that's what you're getting at," Sirius said. "It was just chemicals."

James did not need to be a detective to know that was Freya's word, not Sirius's, and he almost laughed. "Does she like you?"

"Freya like me? Are you mad? Never." A scoff left Sirius, and he shook his head. "It was just... We... we were both horny, and I haven't touched anyone in so long, and mate, her mouth's like..." Something distant pushed into Sirius's grey eyes like he relived the memory as he spoke.

His fingers laced into her hair, their bodies pressed against each other. He stood between her thighs, never more thankful for the lack of seating in that shotty lab. Hands frantic on his body, she traced every groove over his shirt. It was not delicate. It was pure desperation.

Biting his lip, Sirius hovered his fingertips over his mouth, and then his attention flashed to James. "I always knew she was quick-tongued, but I've never had it applied like that."