Chapter Sixty Two: Sirius Stays.

It was bright and early on a Monday morning, and Sirius Black seemed to be the only one fully awake in the abandoned classroom. Tie loosened, and shirt untucked, he held a ruler in both hands with ten dull eyes on him and the eagerness of a primary school teacher. Since the group of Wolfsbane-helpers had expanded by a hesitant werewolf and an eager witch, Sirius figured a meeting was in order to discuss the most essential parts of the plan.

Whacking the ruler on one of his palms so a loud snap rang through the room, Sirius beamed. "Okay, code names."

Lily Evan's had an unamused expression on her face, and her arms were folded on her desk as she tried to keep her vivid green eyes open. "Is this really what's important?"

"Pivotal," Sirius answered back with a serious expression which made Lily's gaze turn to Freya Grey on the seat next to her.

A straight-haired Freya leaned comfortably back in her chair and gave a small shoulder shrug. "He pays for the wolfsbane."

"Which is why I am the..." Using his ruler, Sirius tapped the blackboard next to him, which had several words that had approximately zero correlation between them other than they were all beautifully written in chalk. "Daddy."

"No." Remus Lupin said immediately.

Lily scoffed. "Not a chance."

The olive-skinned girl raised a brow. "Black, if I have to learn another one of your sexual preferences, I will hex you."

"Who says that isn't one of them?" Sirius winked, and Remus's nose scrunched in disgust.

James Potter raised his hand. "I also pay for the wolfsbane." All of them looked at him, except for Remus, who looked up to the ceiling and wondered how the hell he had agreed to this. "I'm just saying."

Peter also raised his hand. "I don't mind calling anyone Daddy."

"Jesus Christ," Lily muttered.

"Thank you." Sirius pointed at Peter, who smiled, then turned back to the others. "At least somebody appreciates me."

Leaning over to the redhead, Remus's sarcasm was dry in his throat. "Yes, Lily, you were absolutely right; this is a roaring idea."

Remorsefully, she looked at Remus, then reluctantly raised her hand. "Sirius, is there anything of value in this meeting?"

"I'm glad you asked my little Whomping Willow."

"Whomping Willow?"

Slightly, Peter turned his head at Lily but kept his eyes on Sirius as he whispered. "Pretty from afar, mean up close."

Jaw dropped, Lily felt slightly offended and looked to Freya to back her up, but Freya had a face of agreement that she quickly lost when she saw Lily's expression.

"Things are a little different from when Freya and I started out." The long-haired boy addressed the room with a certain air that was not unsimilar to a professor. "And I think it's important to get some things across. Starting out with, Whomping Willow is not allowed in the lab—"

Outraged, Lily's voice went up a few octaves. "What?"

Exhaling through his nose, Sirius found Lily's lack of commitment to the meeting slightly annoying. "Everyone's been trained, you have not, and Freya's very particular about the way things are. I'm protecting you. For that same reason, Remus is not allowed in the lab." His ruler smacked against the blackboard. "Or should I say, Moon Baby?"

Remus refrained from smacking his palm on his forehead. "Please don't."

"From now on, we will alternate on our supply runs," Sirius explained, looking at James, who nodded, then at Lily. "This is the illegal bit; it is a volunteer thing. Lily, you are under no obligation--"