Chapter Fifty Two: Stubborn Idiot!

"Freya, sorry I've been a dick." Over and over, these words floated through the quiet forest as Sirius Black held a bouquet of yellow flowers in his hands. Most were limp, wilting, and had a high chance of being covered in bugs. He wore nice brown slacks and a wool coat with a hat endearingly placed on his head. Eyes focused on the ground, he repeated his apology, each time stressing a different word or slightly changing the phrasing. His palms were sweaty, and his mind was working overtime. "Freya, I'm sorry I've been a dick... even though your best friend bloody attacked me, and you're probably plotting my death as I speak-- Merlin, how does Mooney do this every day?"

Straightening out his posture, he readied himself as he cast his sights on the little glass lab.

Oh, how he'd missed this forsaken place.

The overgrown vines curled around the former greenhouse. Greenhouse was a generous term for it. It leaned more like a fortress, using more brick than glass, and its glass was too thick and clouded for anyone to really see through. Not to mention, the charms Freya cast on the grounds near it made the place look invisible unless you were close enough. Though, something felt entirely off.

He noticed a heavy blue tint on the windows. A stone sank into Sirius's stomach. Freya. Flowers fell to the ground as Sirius ran to the door. He swung it open, and a strong sweet scent filled his lungs. Quickly, he covered his mouth and nose with his sleeve. "Grey! "

Eyes watering, he ran in and saw a fuzzy bundle of curls on the floor. His lips felt numb, but he managed a weak. "Ventus." Air shot out of his wand, pushing the fumes away from her and knocking over a blue liquid-filled cauldron. Freya crawled forward slightly, but Sirius was quicker. He grabbed her from the ground and fought against the fog to pull them out of the lab. "Come on, Grey, come on."

Her feet dragged against the ground, unable to move fast enough for him, and her head rolled to one side.

Coughing and eyes watering, he walked them to the clearing a close distance away from the lab before ungracefully collapsing them onto the grass. Air filled his lungs in gasps, and he barely had his barring before resting his palm on Freya's cheek. "Grey?"

Gently, her eyes moved under heavy eyelids before closing. He pressed his ear to her chest then mouth. Faintly he could hear her breathe. "Anti...dote."

He pulled the vial out of her hands and downed the whole thing through her mouth. In painful seconds, he watched as nothing happened. "Freya, look at me." Lightly, he cradled her body onto his lap and pressed his palm against her cheek. She stirred slightly, and he felt his heart out of his chest. "Look at me." Finally, her eyes began to flutter slightly, and her mouth moved without sound.

"What?" He asked, brows furrowed together as he leaned his ear to her mouth. The words died in her throat, and her head lulled to the side. "No, you are not dying, Freya. You're too bloody stubborn for that." With that, her hands twitched at her sides. "Stay with me."

"I..."

Sirius leaned down again, feeling the warm return to her body; he held his breath, waiting for her next words. He breathed the faint scent of citrus and sugar.

"I... I had it... I had it." His head snapped to her face, and he saw it was contorted in anger. All her energy returned at once, and she pushed him off. "I almost had it."

"What?" Confusion painted his features; not sure that was the response people usually gave after having their life saved.

"I almost had Wolfsbane; you bloody ruined it." She got to her feet with a fierce expression on her dark features.