epilogue?

There you were. Y/n l/n stuck in an endless world of guilt and torture. You watched over Sarah crying for months. Possibly, over a year. She cried herself to sleep, hugged your pillow, and never went out once. She knew that she'd have a breakdown again after seeing your favorite cafe. You were forced to pass it if you wanted to actually go somewhere. She watched your favorite movies and still set out a plate of food for you, begging for you just to magically come through the door. She still wrote her weekly love letters to you and left them on your bedside table. She wore your favorite hoodies and your stupid fuzzy socks. And, she kept her ring on. Yours, however, was sitting on your vanity. You didn't wear it that day for some stupid reason. Honestly, you had no idea if you wanted to or not. You didn't want Sarah to just stare at it like she did every night. That constant reminder that she couldn't protect you. Why couldn't you just fight for a bit longer? You could've made it and stayed for her.

Then, came the funeral. Charlize and Em planned it, so Sarah didn't have to deal with it. All of your close friends came: Anna, Blake, Meryl, etc;

"We miss you, kid." Charlize tried to say more, but she couldn't get it out. Emily came up to comfort her.

"Hey, weirdo. I would wink to annoy you, but honestly, my face muscles are a bit occupied. We love you. We're gonna be okay. Sarah's... okay. We'll check up on her every now and then, we promise," Emily sobbed as she placed a single white rose on your corpse.

Sarah was last. "Hi, sweetheart. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. I hope you're doing alright, and... you know maybe you're watching over me," Sarah sniffles as she looks up.

"I love you and I always will... so much, baby. Hopefully, I'll be okay." Sarah choked up as she laid the red rose on top of the white one. "I'll see you soon." 

However, there were some happy moments. Sandy and Cate came and brought her food. They wanted to get her out of the goddamn house, but Sarah didn't budge. You were proud of her though. She was able to talk to somebody about you, and she was actually socializing with people. And, of course, Charlize and Emily kept their promise. They brought her food and made sure that Sarah was actually taking care of herself. And, eventually, she was able to find someone who was worthy of her. Holland Taylor, you think her name was. She was wonderful to Paulson. You could tell that Sarah was truly happy. She still thought of you, but she knows how proud you are of her. You told her to not limit herself, and she didn't. Well, after a year and a half, but that's okay. As the years went on, you watched your other half become whole with someone else. 

ayooooo so I recently watched the lovely bones and it basically inspired me lmao uhm credits to my gf since they came up with this idea :) uh yeah. sorry for hurting yall again

-ayva