03. The Handsome Stranger

New was smiling in his slept. He was having a happy dream about his parents and his cat - Polar. But, the dream which he haven't have for long ages suddenly been crushed down when he felt wet all over his body.

He jumped out in surprised and saw his step-mom with a bucket of water in her hand.

She looked at him furious and then yelled out loud. "UNTIL WHEN DO YOU WANT TO SLEEP?! GET UP RIGHT NOW BEFORE I KICK YOU OUT FROM THIS HOUSE!"

New stood up immediately and his sleepiness had gone in a second. He glanced at the clock.

2PM.

He just fall asleep for 30 minutes.

"Where's my sons?!"

"P'Lee and P'Oab are with their friends to do their group projects." He replied like a robot. And of course he had to lie. Those troublemakers would make him suffer if he told the truth that they actually hanging out with their friends.

"Oh! That's why you're having your sleeping beauty here?!"

"N-No mom. I just rest-"

"DON'T GIVE ME ANY EXCUSES! AND I'M NOT YOUR MOM!" She threw the bucket to the floor. "WHY THERE'S NOTHING INSIDE THE FRIDGE?! DID YOU EAT EVERYTHING?!"

New widened his eyes. The fridge was empty because he used everything for Lee and Oab's party nights ago.

"N-No. It's--"

She threw the money and a piece of paper towards New's face. "Go buy everything on the list! And there will be no allowance for you this month!" She emphasized then walked out from the room, ignoring New's pleading as she slammed the door closed.

New let out a sighed. No allowance money means he couldn't eat whatever he wants. And that's also means he needed to starve himself or if he had luck, they would left their leftovers for him.

Another heavy sighed escaped from his mouth before he slammed himself on his wet bed.

"NEEEW!" He jumped out from his bed once heard the yelled. "I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU'RE NOT GOING OUT RIGHT NOW!"

"Yes mom! I'm changing my clothes right now!"

👑👑👑👑👑👑

New walked to the supermarket instead of taking taxi. He doesn't have enough money because what his step-mom gave him was sufficient enough for the things he needed to buy. No more, no less, just right amount.

Looked like his step-mom knew that he would called Singto for help. And true enough, he really doesn't have any choice but to call Singto to ask him drive him home with all the grocery bags.

As he was waiting for Singto, he saw a kitten in the middle of the road. He left his grocery bags to save the kitten and he almost got hit by a car. But, thankfully no one got injured.

With the kitten in his embraced, he bowed apologized towards the driver for jumping out of nowhere.

The driver came out from his sport car. "Are you alright?" Asked him towards New who was busied caressed the kitten.

New looked up and saw a handsome man with a black suit. Very handsome. New noticed. Looked like the man was older than New judging from his looks, but not so much older. He had startling brown eyes that caused New to linger on for longer than he thought.

The man walked closer to New who seem turned to a mannequin.

The man wave his hand in front of New's face. "Excuse me? Are you alright?!" He purposely raised his voice to wake up the 'mannequin'.