04. The Party? Maybe not...

New who was currently living with his annoying step brothers and nagging step mother doesn't always find peace in his own home.

"Woi! Why are you relaxing over there, uh?! Aren't you suppose to do the laundry?!" Oab yelled at New who had just sat down on the couch for just a few second after finished moping the floor.

"Let me take a breathe for a second, phi." New answered back without looking at him made Oab to grit his teeth in dissatisfied.

He doesn't like when New answered him back with such manner. To comfort himself, he kicked the bucket of dirty water to get on New's nerves more.

"Phi!"

"Opps! I'm so sorry." He said with a smirk before walked away.

New let out a sighed before started moping the floor again.

"Do you want my help?" Lee who had witness everything asked New with a smile.

"No." The younger one answered without looking at him.

"Suit yourself then." Lee walked away by purposely smack New's ass.

If New could choose between Oab and Lee - who he wanted to kick the most, it should be Lee. Though Oab always get on his nerves, Lee was more scarier because he acted like a pervert. And New doesn't like the way Lee always stared at him - or his body, examining him like a delicious food ready to be devour. He rather chose to face Oab's deathly glared instead of to face Lee's lustful eyes on him.

When Godji walked into the living room and saw New who still moping the floor, she glared at him with her arms on her waist.

"New!"

"Y-Yes mom?"

"Have you done doing the laundry?"

"Not yet, mom."

She let out a heavy sighed.

"Why did you move like a snail nowadays?! Do your job faster! And don't forget to pick up my sons' clothes at Bella Boutique!"

"Okay mom." He answered.

When Godji was about to left, New stopped her.

"Ermm..."

"What?!"

"Why can't I go to the party?"

"Oh please, not this topic again." She rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"I promise I will finish all my jobs. I really want to go to the party, please?" His eyes were looking at her in so much desperation.

She crossed her arms above her chest before said, "Fine." One word from her made New to blink his eyes couple of times in disbelief.

"I can go?"

"Sure, you can."

New smile widely before jumped in excited, like a kid.

"But, do you have clothes to wear?"

New froze at the realization.

"Because I'm not planning to buy you one. You're no one but a servant. Why should I spent my money to buy your clothes? And you're not planning to go to meet the prince with this dirty, smelly, and ripped clothes of yours right?"

New bite his lips hard.

"Answer me New Thitipoom. Do you have clothes to wear to go to the palace?"

New looked down and sighed. He shook his head and muttered 'no' in silent.

Godji scoff. "Then, stop dreaming."