13. Debt

Tay's POV

The pungent smell of disinfect invading through my nostrils. I could not hear anything except for my heavy breathes and the beeping sound that you often heard in the hospital that indicates you're still alive. The last thing that I remember was… I was walking through the ‘white tunnel’ without knowing where it goes? Yeah... that's what I remembered.

I slowly opened my eyes and squinting in attempt to sharpen the blurred images before me. As the blinding light slowly fade away, I could take a look at my surroundings.

Hospital?

How long have I been here?

I shut my eyes while tried to remember what had exactly happened.

Oh right!

Hin! I tried to save New from commit suicide!

How is he?

Is he fine?

What if he tried to commit suicide again?

Why did he do that?!

My miserable thoughts were interrupted when the narrow door flew open by someone. I saw the nurse looked at me shocked and then she immediately left again while shouted for the doctor. I heard she yelled for 'The Prince is awake!' and then others came running in.

The doctor and the nurses examined me as if I was some kind of a monster.

The doctor asked me if I remembered my name. "Tay Tawan... Vihokratana." I answered with my hoarse voice.

"Call The King and The Queen." The doctor instructed to the nurse.

"What happen to me, doc?"

"You hurts your head too badly, My Prince. Your heartbeat has stop during the surgery but thanks God we're able to save you. It's such a miracle when your heartbeat start beating again after stop for couple of seconds. We thought you will not waking up this early, so we need to check you for further examination."

I blinked my eyes looking at the doctor.

So, I almost die?

And, that 'white tunnel' I saw before was... Is that a way to go to another life?

😖

👑👑👑👑👑👑

A loud hoarse sob escaped from my families' mouth as they began to surround me.

"Hey, I'm not dead yet. Please stop crying."

"Tawan... You make us scare!" The Queen said sobbing while her fingers running through my hair.

"We thought we will lost you. This is a miracle. And the gift from God!" The King said, couldn't hide his tears anymore.

My grandma hugged me and kiss my forehead and then she burst into tears. And same goes to Gun who held my hand tightly as if he was worried if I disappeared.

Looked like everyone were so worried.

Even Off who always cursed me to die first as a joke couldn't hide his tears as well.

The doctor said that my injured were not that bad despite of almost dying. 🙃 I cracked a couple of ribs, my left leg in a cast, and the others were just minor injuries which will be healing in couple of days. I got 6 stitches in my head but thanks God nothing to worry about. I just needed a lot of rest to recover well.

When I woke up for the second time, no one in the room except one guy who was looking out of the window.

I knew the silhouette.