09. An endless torture

"Am I making you uncomfortable?" Off asked towards New who was busied eating an apple.

"Uh? N-No."

"I'm sorry." Off said apologized while his hands peeling the orange.

"Sorry? For what?"

"For making you misunderstood." He looked up at New. "Gun told me that you have feelings for me."

New looked at him flustered. He didn't know that Prince Gun was so bad at keeping a secret.

"The reason I'm being good to you is because you remind me a lot about my missing brother. I'm sorry if my actions are making you misunderstood."

New blinked his eyes confused.

Off stared at the sky outside. "I have a younger brother who was in the same age as you, if only if he is still alive now..."

New understood where the topic was going. "I'm sorry for your lost." He said.

"Don't be." Off looked at him smiling. "My family and I were having picnic that time. While playing in the water, we couldn't see the wave coming, so all of us don't have time to save ourself and was caught in a current instead. I'm still alive today because I was found by someone, which is Tay's father. But later on, they found the death bodies of my parents but not my younger brother. The polices keep searching him for days but got no results until they had to stop the search after 2 weeks. Knowing that I have no one anymore, the king took care of me and hired me to be Tay's bodyguard once I'm 15." Off began to feel emotional as he stared into New's face.

"And when I saw you that time, I feel overwhelming because you remind me a lot about my younger brother. Your eyes, the mole on your nose, even your lips. I'm sorry New, I know I'm being selfish but I do wish you to be my one and only family."

Unknowingly, New's eyes filled up with tears. New don't think he could see Off at the same way again when knowing Off only saw him as someone who reminded him about his younger brother. He felt more awkward to face him now.

"But I know it's impossible because when I found out about your family background, we really had a different parents."

The room felt in a silence before Off started to talk again. "I'm sorry that I can't return your feelings. But, you know what? Maybe you should consider to give Tay a chance. I can promise you that he is very serious with you. Just look at him now, he did everything only for you, New. The king might scold me if he know his prince walk around freely at the hospital without guards with him."

New only smiled awkwardly.

Then, someone knocked the door.

"Good news! The doctor said that you can get discharge today, Hin!" That was Tay and his bubble mode.

👑👑👑👑👑👑

New's POV

I was in the car with Off and Tay. Now, I felt really awkward to be in the same space with them. I kept my mouth zip and only gave them a short answer, or nodded/shook my head if they asked me questions.

I thought they would send me home but the route we were passing by right now definitely not the way to my house.

Where are we going?

I wanted to ask but I couldn't fight the awkwardness inside me, so I just buried the question in my mind while just waiting to arrive at our destination.

I felt something crept inside my stomach once I felt familiar looking at the route outside; the road which I had been passing once in my lifetime. And then felt weird in my throat once I saw the castle of Vihokratana from a far. I had difficulty to even gulp down my saliva.