20. Breaking apart

"Nong New, Prince Tawan want to see you at the chamber now." The servant said to New.

"Oh okay. Thanks phi." He smiled and proceed at the certain place.

"Why didn't he just come to me?" He felt weird because usually Tay never asked anyone if he wanted to see him. The prince usually doesn't mind to travel around the castle just to find his whereabouts.

Suddenly, New halted his stepped when he remembered his conversation with Off and Gun last night.

------

"Argh! I can't hold this anymore!" Gun yelled while pulling his hair frustrated.

"What's wrong? You said you got something important to tell. What it is?" New asked curious.

"Gun... Please don't ruin this or your brother will burry me alive." Off begged with his palms together but Gun just ignored him and proceed to go to New and sat beside him.

He held New's hand and took a deep breathe.

"Phi will propose to you!"

"W-What?"

"I saw the ring box and eavesdrop their conversation that phi will propose to you soon!" Gun said with one breathe.

"Hah! Tay is going to kill me." Off whined.

"Is t-that true?" New couldn't help but to shed tears.

Off nodded his head. "Just prepare your heart. He will ask you anytime. Though you know about this already, can you at least pretend to get surprise?"

-----

New continued to walk with a big smile in his face. He tried to control his expression but couldn't because he knew what was going to happen soon.

"He is going to propose to me." He said bubbly and looked himself at his reflection at the glass mirror. He made sure he appeared with his best look before continued to walk to meet Tay.

He took a deep breath and tried to control his expression before he went inside the chamber.

Then, he pushed opened the door and saw Tay whose back facing him, looking out at something from the window.

"Tay..." When he called him, Tay's body seem tense and stiffen. He looked nervous. Of course he should, he was going to propose to the love of his life.

New tried to hide his smiled as he walked towards him. "Why did you want to see me?"

Tay just looked at him with unreadable expression. New gave him as much time as he needed for gathering his courage to say those words.

But, minutes had passed but Tay still didn't say anything.

New had enough. He couldn't wait any longer. Before he could say anything, Tay said something that he didn't expect at all especially when it was so sudden. With a monotone voice and empty expression, Tay said - "I want to break up with you."

"E-Excuse me?" New furrow his eyebrows, confused.

Is that how people confess nowadays? By jokingly tried to break the heart before gets to the real things?