11. Obsession

Tay's POV

I lied down on my bed, making the mattress sink down as I stared at the ceilings and the incident hour ago started to fill up my mind again.

---Flashback---

"Why no one inform me that we are hiring a young boy as a servant?"

Gun and I consciously looked at each other before we looked at New, who was with his head low; looking down at the floor like it was the most interesting thing to see.

"Pardon me My Queen, but he is not a servant." Mr.Butler said. "He is a friend of Prince Tawan."

Mom and dad were looking at me with a little bit shocked and disbelief. "I don't know that you've another friend beside Off." Dad said.

"If this young boy is not a servant, then why did he introduce himself as a servant?" Mom questioned in confused as she looked at me with an interrogative looked. Then, she looked at New up and down, like she was examining him inside and outside.

I could felt that New was felt intimidated as he was fidgeting on his spotted.

Suddenly, I felt a nudge on my side. "Are you going to just stand still?" Gun whispered.

I didn't see this coming at all, especially not when they mistook him as a servant!

I tried to keep my heartbeat steady, and then inhales and exhales deeply before said, "That's right, he is not a servant." I walked towards New and stood beside him. I held his hand and he immediately looked at me shocked. He tried to pull his hand away from my gripped but I didn't want to as I tightened the gripped instead.

"My King, and My Queen, this is New Thitipoom... And he is someone I love." They gasped in shocked. Meanwhile, New's eyes widened more as he looked at me disbelief. He just stared at me with wide open eyes, like the whole world was breaking crumble apart around him as he was in total paralysed. I even could feel his trembled hand. I knew that he didn't prepare for this at all.

"Say it again? He is w-what?"

New looked down at the floor again before shut his eyes tightly and bit his lips. Again, he tried to free his hand from my gripped but I didn't let him to.

"So, you're in love with...a guy?" Mom asked.

"And what's wrong with that?" All of us turned our head towards the voice. Grandma was standing there and when her eyes landed on me, she smiled. She walked to me and patted my shoulder. "Look like we got something to discuss here."

Now, we were at The Great Hall. There were a cold and an awkward atmosphere around The Queen and The King.

"New..."

"Y-Yes Grandma Nart?"

"Can you give us some time?"

"O-Of course Grandma." He stood up from his seat and bowed awkwardly towards Grandma, The king, and The Queen and excused himself. And Gun also stood up from his seat. He patted my back gentle, like a sign of telling me to be strong before he followed New walked out from the hall.

I let out a deep sighed. Grandma who was sitting beside me gave a light squeeze to my hand as a support.

"Care to explain, Tawan?" I looked up at my mom and she was looking at me with unreadable expression.