28. Where's the ring?

New get out from his bedroom after made sure he got not sight of Tay. The condo seem quiet and he thought maybe he was alone right now.

He went to the kitchen to grab his breakfast. He not a morning person but at least he needed to fill his stomach with something and hot chocolate was enough for him.

As he was waiting for the water to boil, his memory reminded him about what happened last night when Tay tried to take advantage on him when he slept. Actually, he was not angry. Not at all. But he felt sorry for Tay for always pushing him away although they were in a relationship right now. Truthfully, he still feel awkward with this dating-thingy. Even a touch and a kiss made him so embarrassed, so don't talk about sex.

His thought was interrupted by the sound of the boiling kettle.

He probably hadn't fully wake up yet, or maybe his mind was in somewhere else, because when he tried to pour the water to the glass, he miss his target

He probably hadn't fully wake up yet, or maybe his mind was in somewhere else, because when he tried to pour the water to the glass, he miss his target. The hot water got to his feet instead.

He jumped in surprised while groaned in pain once felt the burning seep through his skin, and the kettle slip from his hand. In a second, his feet became redness and swollen.

"New! What's wrong?!" Tay hurriedly went to him who sat down on the floor with a painful looked.

He looked at New's feet before looked at the mess on the floor.

"I'm fine. It's just a little burn." Said New although with tears ready to wet his cheeks.

He gasped when Tay suddenly lift him up with a bridal style. But he didn't have any energy to complain. He just let Tay did whatever he wanted.

Tay made him sat on the chair. Then, he walked away and came back with lukewarm water in a basin. Then, he put New's feet inside to cool the burn.

In the meantime, Tay cleaned the mess on the floor.

15 minutes later, he lift New up again with bridal style and brought him to his bedroom. He put him down on the bed before searching for the first aid kit.

He treat the wound by placing the clean wet cloth over the burning area before applied the antibiotic ointment.

No one had said anything since then. And that made New felt like Tay was angry at him for being careless.

"I'm sorry." And so he apologized.

"What are you sorry for?" Tay asked without looking at him but focused at treating the wound.

"You're angry at me, right? That's why you don't talk to me." New pouted sadly.

Once finished with the wound, Tay sat beside him and held his hand. "No, I'm not angry at you. I just doesn't like to see you in pain. I'm sorry if you feel like being ignore." He said and kiss New's forehead.