27. SaTayN oh SaTayN 😈

Tay was sitting quietly with his head bend down. The thundering sound outside the blue castle broke this biting silence between them momentarily.

"Tawan, what do you want to talk about?" The king asked.

But Tay didn't respond. He was searching words to make himself clear to everyone in the Great Hall; towards the kings and the queens of Vihokratana and Narva Kingdom.

"Is something wrong? What happen? Tell me, we will sort it out." Said the queen worriedly.

Tay took a deep breath. "Namtarn and I are getting divorce." He said at last.

The room felt in a silence for few seconds as if all of them were waiting for Tay to say, "Got it! Hahaha! I'm kidding!" But, nothing. Tay remained with a very serious looked in his face.

Then, the king of Narva - Namtarn's father laughed awkwardly. "Is this some kind of a joke? Because I don't find it funny at all."

"We're expecting something else." The queen - Namtarn's mother said. "I thought you are going to announce about your pregnancy?" She looked confused at her daughter and with a disappointed looked in her face.

"Namtarn, Tawan, what is this?! It's not even a year and not even a month, but you guys already decide to get divorce?! You think marriage is a joke?!" The Narva King raised his voice.

"We did the best we could." Said Namtarn calmly before Tay could opened his mouth. "But as days pass by, I realize I never love him. So that's why I want to divorce. I don't want to live my life with full of lies. It's all my fault. Please don't be mad at Tay."

Tay looked at her widened eyes. This was not what they were planning to do. Tay should be the one who took all the blames, but what was she trying to do right now?

"I'm sorry my kings, my queens, but this is my decision, our decision..." She looked at Tay smiling although there was a sadness in her eyes. "...I don't want to spend my whole days beating on a wall, hoping it will transform into a door."

"No, this is not right! I remember how happy you're when Tawan propose to you!"

"I did mother. But now I finally understand the difference between crush and love."

Her father scoff at her answer. "And how about you Tawan? Why are you accept this divorce?"

"I..." He looked at Namtarn apologetic. "Some birds are not going to be caged. Their feathers are too bright and their songs are too sweet. That's why I let her go. When you open the cage to feed them, they somehow fly out pass you, and that part of you should realize that it's so wrong to imprison them in the first place."

After all the debated, speech, talked between the royal families, the divorce between the Prince of Vihokratana and the Princess of Narva finally ended good with both sides.

Divorce isn't a tragedy. A tragedy was staying in unhappy marriage, teaching your children the wrong things about love.

Tay's father stared at him with interrogative looked. Though the one who insist the divorce was Namtarn, he sure what they were saying were not the entirely things. He knew this was going to happen soon since he knew Tay never loves her, but he just didn't expect the divorce would came this sooner.

He couldn't help but to feel apologetic to Narva's royal families. He felt himself failed as a father. "Please forgive my prince."

"King never beg." Said the other king.

When Namtarn walked away, her father called one of his bodyguards to come over to him. "Joss..."

"Yes your highness?"