16. The Meeting

My father made my night and day hard. I spent the morning thinking it over. Sam left for work with a warning telling me not to let anyone in but my closest friends.

I knew seeing my father would change everything. Demitri and others texted me many times seeing how I was.

Demitri was the most worried, he kept calling and texting. But I didn't need to be with people or talk to them.

I pulled my self together and decided to go and see him. Remembering that I can run and come back home.

As I walk to the diner, thoughts of all bad things to come rush me and my judgment.

I find myself standing in the parking lot and staring at the window he sits at. He looks nervous, he looks back at the door and then back at his hands.

It seems like slow motion as I walk in and sit in front of him. His drained eyes pleaded happiness while seeing me.

"Wow, you grown so much. And into a beautiful young woman." He said in a friendly way.

I couldn't say anything, the lump in my throat wouldn't let me lash at him for screwing up my life and ruining me.

"Please. I know I have no right to do this, but I can't tell you how happy I am to see you."

"I didn't do it for you." I said a little harsher than I meant. "I'm giving me peace in my mind. Knowing that you might of changed."

I think that last part through. I was hoping he has. I want my daddy back.

He had a sliver of a smile.

"I want to change. And I think you can help me slowly. Letting me slowly and day by day into your life."

" Sam doesn't want you around."

"Your brother was never the forgiving type or believer in second chances."

I looked down confused. Then why did he with Demitri?

"Things have changed since then." I say.

Dad rubbed his five o'clock shadow,"I guess it has been a long time. But I honestly want to make up"

We hear the rumble of a loud vehicle outside that draws both of our attention. Demitri pulls up and is obviously unaware of my presence. He was busy talking to Asher.

"Shit. We need to leave." I mumbled.

"What? Why? Is someone you know?

"Umm..yes." I say shyly like a bashful rabbit.

"Or he's someone of interest? Right? A little crush now."

I smile for once and nod. Its weird having a moment with him, like a normal father/ daughter thing.

"Well then I guess we should leave. Don't want him seeing you with your fat old man." He jokes.

My heart feels lighter and we get up, going through the back and walking towards the lake.

"Where's the car?" Dad asked trying to make conversation.

"Oh. Sam, uses it for work and I use it for school when he doesn't."

"Ha I remember that, that car was supposed to be yours."

I don't know why I'm opening up to him. I just feel comfortable with him after such a short time. Maybe is was that I'm so willing to forgive him for my own reasons.

We said our goodbyes at a corner and I walked back home. Feeling relieved and with some weight off my shoulders. Then I remembered that Sam will be coming home.

I began to think. I can't face him, he will be insanely mad.

Finally I text Demitri and ask him if I could stay with him tonight. I would ask nick but he is out of town again.

I wait at the corner for him, expecting a loud black motorcycle but he pulls up in the corvette.