20. What Now?

It all seemed like a too good to be true situation.

I didn't know how I felt anymore. Waking up in his arms was the best thing ever. Demitri was still asleep. His beautiful eyes still closed.

What could he be dreaming about? His skin warm and pressed against me.

The sun gave the room a warm color, and I almost forgot where we were.

I sat up and went to the bathroom. On my way back to the bed I lingered in the door way watching him in the bed, all wrapped up in the sheets.

This is the moment I will never forget and always long for. All the times he made any excuse to touch me, I like it, even when I don't say anything.

But here we are. In the middle of the woods, together. He called me his. And I believe it.

But now what? We are hiding from my family, I don't want him hurt.

I needed to come up with a plan. My brother is unpredictable and might hurt demitri.

I want to crawl back in bed with him and pretend its not happening. But I can't.

I walk out to the baloney and breathe in the air. Everyone disapproves of him and me. But I think I'm in love with him.

By this time I am clothed and feel my phone go off. It turned itself back on. I look at the 20 missed calls from everyone back home.

I feel the stress running through my heart and breathe get tight. Then two familiar arms wrap themselves around my waist and soft lips kiss my neck gently.

"What's wrong my darling" he whispered in my ear, almost making me melt. But this time I felt myself grow cold.

This is what I have to do. I need to push him away, to keep him safe from me and the others.

I stay silent for a minute but the respond unemotionally,
"Absolutely everything."