22. The Time is Right

I need to get back on track.

My family is probably killing each other over me, wondering where I am.

But I actually don't care as much as I did before. Demitri swept me off my feet and took me away, made me feel like the only girl in the world.

I'm not going to leave that behind for my family problems.

Demitri wants to show me the rest of the place and then show me more of the town we are at.

We took his car and drove for a while til we hit a little town. I felt like those married couples in the movies. Him holding my hand, kissing it random times. We blasted older music and sang every word.

It was a cute little town, nice and quiet.

We past by it and I grew more confused. I thought we were going to eat in town. But I just let him drive to where ever he was wanting to go.

About an hour and a half later we pull up to this lake, it has boats and a beach side. It was so very quiet. We walked down the beach to one of the boats. Could took me on board and we set off for the middle of the lake.

He went full speed, the water flying behind us, the wind blowing my hair back. I knew he was watching me, he was admiring what ever he could.

After our boat trip we went to a little shack on the lake and ate. Then by the sunset Demitri lead me to the dock, it was the most beautiful sunset I've seem in a while.

He held me tight as the sun slowly sank in to the water. Light on the dock were dim but perfect, like lighting bugs.

Demitri faced me smiling wide, and kissed me softly.

"I've never felt this way about anyone. We have been together for some time now. From that pretty new girl, to being my girl.-" that when I couldn't breathe, my eyes watered as he sank to one knee. "Becca, I have been waiting a long time for this, to make you mine for good."

He pulled out a little blue box and opened it slowly but nervously.

"Becca will you marry me?"

My heart pounded out of my chest, I could hold back anymore, I jumped on him and kissed him harder than ever.

"Yes."