𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

was planning on updating this on April 13 but bad battery so here you go...
wrote this A/N on April 13, 2022, 10:21 PM.

•003|| 𝑰𝑻'𝑺 𝑶𝑲𝑨𝒀 𝑻𝑶 𝑵𝑶𝑻 𝑩𝑬 𝑶𝑲𝑨𝒀•

~K O M I S O L A~

In Crestview High, not every class was attended by its teacher on the first day of resumption. I don't know if it's every other school but here in Crestview High, it seemed like an unwritten tradition or constitution.

That's why our second period was free after Mr. Jarah, our form teacher had marked the class attendance and left the classroom after bidding his good-bye.

And I took it as my cue to leave the class. Not because of anything or anyone. But I always felt suffocated whenever we were like this in my class. Noisy, rowdy, students playing about and everyone chattering and discussing with each other. The combination of them all made an extremely unpleasant sound that literally made sirens go off in my ears.

You could just say, I wasn't used to noise.

As I stepped out of the silent hallway, I released a breath I'd been holding. I held unto the hem of my flair skirt and continued to look at my feet and walked down the silent hallway to the Leisure Room.

I should have never faced down.

"Watch where you're going," I heard a deep, clearly irritated voice bark before I could open my mouth to say a word all in the name of apologising.

I continued to stare at the feet of the person who seemed to be a male before I looked up.

"Wait. Komisola? Is that you? Why don't you look up?"

I realised who it was talking to me and thought about escaping but that was already a failed plan because he held my hand immediately.

"Komisola, look up."

I refused.

"Komisola, look up at me or else..."

"Or else what?"

I wanted to retort. But I knew better than to. I definitely would not want someone to think that I was finally able to stand up for myself.

"Komisola, please. Please, just look up. I really have something important to say to you."

"What?" My voice came out hoarse and almost inaudible and instantly, I felt ashamed of myself. I couldn't even speak well. "What is it that you want to speak to me about, Senior Alexander? Why won't you leave me alone?" I finally looked up to prove to Senior Alexander that I was indeed angry and confused.

His eyes met mine and he sighed. "Look, Komisola. I'm really sorry about what happened that day... Zara can be a bitch sometimes. I understand."

"And why do you have to apologize for her?" I shot back. I had no idea where all the courage was coming from but it made me angry and confused to see that someone would actually apologize for one of the many insults I was used to receiving.

"Because..." Senior Alexander seemed to be at a loss of words. "Look," He sighed again. "You're human too. And it didn't sit well with me that Zara had used the most sensitive topic about you to attack you. The fact that she wouldn't apologize to you... I didn't like it."