𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲[b].

last chapter guyss! a belated merry Christmas my loves and Happy New Year in advance! don't forget, Jesus is the reason for the season <3

and please vote & comment. this is the last chapter. please ooo. i'm replying every comments i haven't replied to once i put up epilogue. so please comment as much as you want to, i'll definitely reply. and vote too <3

060b| Daddy Issues

~H A N N I E L~

"I hate you and Mum so much. You never come for the Parent-Teacher meeting. I didn't see you on Career Day either. You never have time for me, you never have time for me!"

I was a furious six-year-old. With hot tears that welled up in my eyes and my fists angrily balled at my sides, I stared up at my Dad.

"I thought you understood, Hanniel. I'm busy. I have to look over my business and it takes up a lot of time."

"You choose your business over me, it's not fair."

My dad pulled me towards him in a hug. "That's a lie, Hanniel. I'm so sorry... it's just, my business is in a terrible situation. I promise to make more time for you."

He never did.

He never made more time for his own son. I could choose to hate him, but as much as I wanted to, the only thing I could feel was sorrow. My heart clenched tightly, and it felt like I'd been slapped across the face a lot of times by reality.

"Let's settle this, Olivia. I really don't want to argue with you."

I was listening behind closed doors that day, resting my ear on it and eavesdropping like my life depended on it. "You can't keep custody of him. We don't have to make this official–"

"He is my child. It's not like you have time for him!" Mum yelled.

"You don't have time for him either!" Dad equally raised his voice.

That was the moment I turned into a side piece for them. One which they could carry along and drop whenever.

"I hate how he treats me. We don't have to divorce, but he focuses on his business. If I can't be there for Hanniel, he has to be."

Mum really just needed someone to stand in place for her. She wanted Dad to do it. She was selfish.

"I introduced this one because of you. The chocolate drinks were specially made for you."

Rare times when he truly made me happy.

"You're my son. You're strong. Your background doesn't matter. If you're half Australian and half Nigerian, so do away with trying to be perfect, my son. No one is."

He was the only one who always called me out for trying too hard to be okay.

"Your mum, she's a good woman. I know I'll always love her even after we separate. But I'll never admit that to her face. We've done things we can't undo, and I no longer hold a place in her life anymore."

He loved Mum. He truly loved Mum. But they were both so selfish.

"Yes, that. Which design is better, Hanniel?" He showed me his tablet.

I'd sit in his study all day and mess with his collection of books. He was always on some business work, and he'd never pay attention to me. You could imagine the delight I felt when he had asked me that question.