EPILOGUE.

song for the epilogue is Pretty Boy by The Neighborhood.

- Last Chapter♡

Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem: Remember when life's path is steep to keep your mind even.

~K O M I S O L A~

What did I give up on? My expectations or being patient?

For every beginning, there is an end. When a door gets opened, it is bound to get closed. Because that is the only way there becomes another chance for it to get opened again.

I waited for months. Maybe I was used to waiting. I had waited all my life for happiness. And I did find it. I found it in the form of a golden boy who had walked into my life. When I looked at it, he did a lot for me. Through him, I had a friend, he made me get over my phobia, and he was always by my side.

But I could have become dependent on him. I'm glad he left and made me realize what a fool I was about to be.

But I wasn't angry at him. I didn't have the heart to do that. He was going through it. His father was dead, and he was the only child, so I couldn't imagine how difficult it was for him.

And it made me crazy even more when I couldn't reach out to him. When he left for three months and came back, I thought there was finally an end to everything. A new beginning to everything too.

Then he left again. But this time, he really didn't come back.

"She told me they're moving to Australia for the mean time. And they won't be coming back."

That was what Mother told me. Just a few words but my heart had completely gotten shattered. That wasn't even the only thing that got shattered. Our communication.

What we only had left of our relationship was shards.

Hanniel withdrew from me. He never responded to my texts, and to everyone, they thought he had disappeared.

I wondered how he was doing. I wondered if he always thought of me the way I thought of him. I wondered if he had gotten attached to me the way I had gotten attached to him and really wanted to come back.

I could only hope.

It seemed like everyone had moved on. Our classmates. But some still asked me about him every time, and I was surprised to see that they still had humanity left in them. But maybe it was just me who they hated. I was still hung up in the past however.

It was hard to move on from what my life used to be in the good times. But I had to. I moved on from whatever bond we'd created, from whatever memories we made and from whatever I had with him.

It was just Komisola again.

~

~H A N N I E L~

With the amount of flights I'd taken this year, I could be a traveling ambassador. And funny enough, most of the flights weren't even my will to take.

But I think that had come to an end. Here I was, sitting in a plane by my own will. I made the choice and I was following through with what I said.