𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

sorry for the frequent change of POVs here :)
that would help us understand the chapter better.
dedicated to Fame_lanky for all the engagement.❤️

018| 𝐈𝐧 𝐀𝐧 𝐎𝐛𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐥𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞

~K O M I S O L A~

As humans, when we try to be something we aren't, we seem to forget that we can actually slip through our covers...

That's what my favorite author once said and I had wondered if they were any humans like that.

Until I found Hanniel.

As he walked into the natatorium, eyes roaming the whole place in awe with a smile, I couldn't help but ask myself...

Who exactly was he?

Soon, his eyes landed on me and his smile faltered a bit.

And then it dropped.

He got to where I stood, near the pool and cleared his throat. "Why did you ask to see me?"

~H A N N I E L~

You know you should be suspicious when someone who has never smiled at you(except for that one time) gifts you a smile like you have just given her a Christmas present.

That's what I thought when Grey eyes immediately smiled at me after my question.

"Remind me of your name again," she requested still with that smile.

Should I be scared?

"Hanniel." I simply replied and decided not to lose my composure if front of her.

But I found something amusing. So I decided to voice my thoughts out.

"You denied me just yesterday and now you're asking for my name? Again? Like you didn't already know?"

Keep calm, Hanniel. She's acting so collected and you're rambling.

I cleared my throat again.

"Are you pained?" She laughed lightly. "I told you to stay away from me. What were you expecting? Happy greetings?"

Ouch.

"You didn't have to deny that you knew me—"

"But I don't. I don't know you."

I sighed at the interruption. "Why did you call me here? To know me?"

"Yes! You nailed it! To know you!"

I scrunched my face.

Why was Grey eyes acting weird all of a sudden? Why was she so... cheerful?

"What's your full name?"

"Hanniel Alonge." I answered without skipping a beat.

"I have this feeling you're lying." Grey eyes took a step closer.

And another.

And another till our feet touched.

"Why would I lie?" I scoffed. "What's there to lie about my name?"

"How do you think I felt when you decided to meddle in all of my affairs? Do you know what I went through?" Her smile stopped and suddenly, the cold Grey eyes was back.

I was supposed to feel relieved but her statement had me uneasy.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know why you're hiding your name, but I'll promise myself not to reveal the truth to anyone if you leave me alone."