𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞.

021| "𝐒𝐨, 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐎𝐫 𝐍𝐨 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐥?"

~H A N N I E L~

The last thing I remembered was getting out of Hassan's car and going straight up to my room. It's official; K-pop parties aren't my thing.

And now while trying to fall asleep, I was at school with my head on my desk. This is what happens when you drink too much of coffee, I guess.

Normally I would still be at home by now, sleeping my sense away. But Dad was at home, I didn't want him to drop me off at school.

For a reason, I was transported back to my first day here in Crestview High.

"Ouch," someone dragged a long hiss and I looked up to see who it was. Komisola, with her eyes trained on me had one hand on her backpack and the other holding her feet.

It seemed like she had hit her leg.

"Are you okay?" I blurted before I knew it. Now, she was glaring at me.

"You have androphobia." I stated.

In a game where two people had secrets of the other in their hands, it was only fair to reveal it at the same time.

But then, Komisola looked at me like I had just said the most stupid thing ever.

"What are you talking about? I don't have androphobia." She protested.

"It's none of your business." She replied coolly and walked over to where I was. For a moment, I thought she was coming to meet me.

But I had forgotten that her seat was next to mine.

Silence engulfed the atmosphere after she had taken her seat and hung her backpack. It was obvious she was ignoring me.

But as Ameenah said—even though Komisola had savaged me more than once—I was totally whipped.

"I know it's none of my business," I told her. She turned to me and looked at me like I had grown two heads. I sighed and looked away.

As much as I wanted to have a conversation with the girl I liked, I had other issues to deal with.

Like Mum & Dad.

Honestly, I felt like a pawn in their own game. Remembering the sad moments like how I'd cry my eyes out made anger spread through my body.

One time my school was hosting a Parents-Teachers Meeting, a.k.a PTM, I was just six years old and I had begged Mum & Dad to attend the meeting.

Mum was too busy with her work and Dad was nowhere to be found. The day after, he walked in through the door looking like a complete mess. And he reeked of alcohol.

That was the first time I'd seen my Dad drunk.

I should have sensed the divorced coming, I laughed to myself in pity.

Who would've known, eight years later my parents would sit me down to tell me about their divorce and then be better after?

Seems like a fucking irony to me.

"You never asked me anything about my name." I mused to myself, my statement directed at Komisola but I did not necessarily want an answer.

I just found the irony in that too.

Although she didn't say it, I could see the judgement in her eyes.

Komisola acted like she didn't hear me. But I continued anyway. "Let's make a deal."