𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧(𝒃)

dedicated to Iyanuoluwa-Temi & angelehule❤️‍🔥
oh and thank you for 200 reads on COG 🥺❤️

014| WHEN HELP COMES UNEXPECTEDLY

~K O M I S O L A~

"See ehn," Senior Inaya started once we had taken our seats. "All those people are idiots. Don't mind them, they're very stupid. You shouldn't let them walk all over you like that."

My heart rate increased.

"You heard?"

Of course she did.

But...

Senior Inaya didn't know about me.

If anything, I was the girl who ran ten laps on our track field, nothing else.

How did she know...?

The Music Room.

I paled in realization.

Of course.

Of course she did.

She must've probably found out everything about me and now...

She was supporting me?

Why?

"You're scaring her,"

I turned to the calm voice that had disrupted my thoughts and commanded all the attention. Senior Amir had an amused smile on his face as he glanced occasionally between I and Senior Inaya.

When he focused on me, I shifted under his piercing gaze.

"Inaya's actually right. You shouldn't let them walk all over you like that. Just shows that you're being weak." He said the last part with a shrug.

"Amir," Senior Inaya chided him.

"I'm saying the truth, what?" Senior Amir smirked.

I looked away. Out to the window and kept looking because the clouds were not grey today.

Clearing of throat could be heard.

"I am not trying to be mean, Komisola. Look at me."

I gave in because the person speaking was my senior. Senior Amir had a soft smile on his face.

"What are all the textbooks for?"

"I have an English assignment," I answered almost instantly.

"Amir's an English major, he could help you." Senior Inaya grinned at me.

"All these words you're putting into my mouth, Inaya. You owe me one." His words might have come off as harsh, but Senior Amir sounded like he was teasing. The smile that remained on his face proved it.

He turned to me, "What's the assignment about?"

"An 8000 word essay on an argument about money being better than education. You get to choose a side."

Why were my answers quick?

Oh, because he was scrutinizing me under his gaze.

As uneasy as I felt, I didn't want to make it obvious because I think he already noticed it.

My paranoia.

That day in the Music Room, when he held me, he must've noticed my fear.

He did.