𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

i have written this on my message board before: Cheers to us with OCDs, phobias and disorders... cheers🥂 and early update bc I have time :)💕 short chapter, I'm sorry.🥺💞

028| 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝑮𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒆𝒏 𝑩𝒐𝒚...

~H A N N I E L~

"Volleyball, basketball, fencing, American football, track, tennis..."

"Fencing?" I repeated in awe. "Cool,"

"I know, you have to try out one of these because we are having tryouts for the upcoming Hennessey conference. So if you want to participate..."

"Can I try out basketball then? When are the tryouts?" I cut in, a little bit too excitedly. The senior gave me a once over, biting her lower lip and composing herself in a smug manner.

"Tomorrow, okay? See you at the tryouts. Bye, pretty boy." She waved at me with a smirk and I lowered my eyes at her, also smirking, watching her every step as she walked backward instead of turning around.

I waved slowly at her and gave her a dashing smile, which ended up having the effect I intended for it to have.

I turned around and began walking to class, hands casually in my pocket. But then bumped into Ameenah.

"Oh my God!" I shouted immediately, my hand flying to my chest that threatened to burst out of its cage. "You scared me!"

Her face, however was devoid of emotions, blank faced and lacking any expression. "Flirting with a senior, eh?" Her voice was just as her face, devoid of emotions and blank.

"Was I?" I feigned innocence.

She hissed in reply. That one sound I hated with passion. Even my mom did it and it was so annoying.

She looked away from my gaze and muttered under her breath, even though I could hear, "You did not even see better senior to flirt with, now that rubbish Senior Penelope."

I chuckled and placed a finger under her chin to tilt her face. "Hey, it's nothing serious. What's the harm in flirting? Besides, she's my senior."

Ameenah looked straight into my eyes and for a moment, an emotion I couldn't decipher fleeted across her eyes and before I could recognize what it meant, she cleared her throat and hissed again, "What's my business?"

"By the way, I heard that you're trying out basketball, can you play it?"

"Definitely, yes." I answered, cockily. "Basketball has always been my favorite."

"I am a fencer and a track runner," Ameenah told me. "Believe me, it's very hard."

"Okay... she a runner, she a track star." I teased, wiggling my eyebrows at her.

"But I'm not gonna run away when it gets hard, jerk." Ameenah feigned a smile at me which melted immediately.

"But wait, you're a fencer?"

"Yep," she nodded. "Been fencing since I was 8, now it's my favorite thing to do in the world."

I gasped in amusement, "I wonder what it looks like to see you fence."

I really did.

"Check my Tiktok page." Her reply was almost instant. "Oh and by the way,"

I looked up from the ground and saw a little pout on Ameenah's face. "You know how we're hosting our inter school sports at the Jacqueline Hennessey conference? I won't be attending classes like before."