𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱.

026| "𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐇𝐞𝐫!"

~H A N N I E L~

"Tell me what happened to your hand."

I honestly thought they did not notice.

I stared down at my hand, examining it carefully as my mind drifted to the earlier incident. "It's nothing," I said, dismissively.

"Well, you didn't come to school with it." Ameenah countered, eyes studying every detail of me that made me feel really uncomfortable.

"Are you sure? You probably didn't see it." In my head, I was already smiling creepily, seeing as I was confusing Ameenah as much as I could.

Dabirah scratched her head in thoughtfulness, "I didn't see this, though. It's okay if you don't want to tell us. Ameenah, let's go."

"Where are the two of you going to?" Hassan asked, holding Ameenah back.

"We want to make a Tiktok video in the Music Room," Dabirah answered. "My followers just hit two hundred thousand. I am going to make an appreciation video with Ameenah who's verified."

"Ameenah's verified?" I gasped.

"Wait, since when?" Hassan scoffed, not believing anything.

"Last week," Ameenah shrugged. "Dabirah, let's go."

Two of them left us staring in wonder till they walked out of the classroom. On cue, a junior, average in height and dark in complexion walked in, looking around in fear.

"Essss! What are you looking for?!" That was Tiami, yelling before the boy could take a step inside.

"I... I..."

"'miyu, leave him first na. Come here," Hassan intervened and gestured for the boy to come and meet him. "What do you want?"

"The Head boy said I should give this book to Senior Komisola." He said, nervously stretching out the book to Hassan.

It was then I noticed the book in his hands. It was Unrequited Love. The same book that Komisola had forgotten in the Leisure Room and we'd both been caught discussing about it in class.

"Why are you giving me? Do I look like Komisola?" Hassan barked. "What's your name?"

"David." The junior answered instantly and looked down.

"Kneel down."

I was surprised to hear that order coming from Hassan. What did the poor boy do to him to have warranted that sort of punishment?

"Hassan, what did he do to you-" I started but Hassan was quick to cut me off.

"Mind your business, Hanniel." He said, coldly. "You, you know you're not smart, right?" He was talking to the poor boy, David.

Then Hassan went ahead to flick the boy's forehead. Painfully, if I must add.

"No, tell me, do I look like Komisola to you? You idiot,"

"Hassan, leave the boy alone. The book is mine and the problem is mine, not yours." Komisola stepped in, lifeless grey eyes glaring at Hassan icily.

"And if I don't? You'll...?" Hassan pushed his chair back and stood up. By now, the whole class was already watching.

"Hassan, wetin this boy do you? Why you dey even follow Komisola talk sef?" Tiami hollered from his seat. Hassan ignored him, eyes trained on Komisola. I had also stood up.