𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨.

I have no idea what's going on with chapter twenty, each time I check, it's always unpublished. please let me know if you are seeing it or not :)
btw, please comment & share, engaging in COG means a lot to me. and thank you in advance for 400 reads.❤️

022| 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥

~K O M I S O L A~

I left my phone packet untouched.

Staring at nothing.

Until Mother decided to come in after knocking. I chose not to answer.

She never entered my room.

Use me.

"Good evening, ma." I greeted as it was very necessary to. My parents may be rich, but it doesn't mean they lost their Yòrubá culture.

"'misola," Mother called, as calmly and patiently as she could. "Did you see the phone I got you?"

I glanced at the phone packet beside me. "Thank you ma."

"You're starting therapy tomorrow. Everyday after school."

When life throws two forms of therapy at you, accept none.

"I don't need therapy." I shook my head.

Why did everybody think I needed therapy?

I was okay. I was. Nothing was wrong with me. I was fine.

Liar.

"You're not fine, 'misola." Mother saw right through me. "I want to help you as your mother because that's the only thing I can do to make up for everything that has happened to you."

"What has happened to me?" I feigned ignorance.

Be my friend and I'll be your therapy.

"Your brother's coming back."

Time stopped and I froze. My ears went deaf and my heart stopped for a moment. Everything stopped.

"And I want you to be fine before he comes back." Mother continued.

Meanwhile, it was getting hard to breathe.

"I know how you are around men..."

I can't breathe.

My breathing became constricted, it felt like my chest was being asphyxiated.

I opened my mouth to suck in air but nothing was helping.

I can't breathe.

I can't breathe.

I can't breathe.

"You can't be like that around your brother. Davies has changed. You have to forgive him."

I can't breathe.

My med...

"Mother, I can't breathe. My med..." I croaked out, eyes welling up with hot tears.

I could never get used to my panic attacks.

"I need to teach you these things, Komi. It's not bad. It'll help you."

"Komisola, are you okay?" Mother asked, worriedly, running over to where I was.

"My medication!" I yelled out frantically. My vision was blurry with tears and I couldn't close my mouth because there was no other way to breathe.

"What do you mean, your medication?"