𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

a/n: it's like my subconscious is tryna cheer me up by sticking Cheer Up by Twice into my head. considering that i am very blue & grey atm. but life goes on.
{kpop-BTS} pun intended.

014| SITTING WITH THE MOST HIGH GENG

~K O M I S O L A~

I knew I fucked up when I didn't hear Father calling me.

I was too busy engrossed in my phone, trying to search different essays that I could use, combining them for my English Language assignment.

A maid came up to call me, eyes filled with dread and panic and instantly, I knew something was wrong.

As I walked down the stairs, I felt like I was being led to impending doom.

And then I met Father's angry eyes.

They glanced down to my phone in my hand and I knew I was done for.

"Give me that," Father stood up from the couch, walked up to me and snatched my phone from my hand.

It all happened in my eyes.

Him throwing it on the floor, and then squashing it into pieces beneath his shoes.

I should have been bothered with the phone, considering that it was an iPhone 11 pro max...

But my English Language assignment that was due tomorrow...

No.

"I HAVE BEEN SHOUTING YOUR NAME FOR MINUTES NOW! AND YOU WEREN'T ABLE TO ANSWER BECAUSE OF THE STUPID PHONE THAT YOU WERE PRESSING! IS THAT HOW I TAUGHT YOU! FROM BOYS TO PHONE! AREN'T YOU SHAMELESS, KOMISOLA?!"

I flinched at the intensity of Father's anger. He was passing all aggression unto me and once again, looked like he was about to kill me.

I looked down. Away from his burning gaze.

"Tell me why haven't you been answering?!" Father shouted at me. "Are you deaf?! Talk!"

I folded my fists, a huge lump growing in my throat and stopping me from speaking.

But when Father pulled out his belt from his trouser, it's like the lump disappeared on its own.

"I... I was s-searching the internet for my-my English Language assignment." I managed to say. Stuttered out like a weakling.

"English Language assignment? Shoo. Is it me that you want to lie to?"

Father's voice became calm and when I dared to look up, there was a sick smile on his face.

It came like a whiplash.

It was a lash. A literal lash.

The pain that surged through my body as Father's belt collided with my skin caused me to let out a scream of agony.

"Jesus! Adebayo, stop!" Mother ran into the living room.

Another lash on my body.

Another scream.

"ADEBAYO! Aren't you hearing me?! Don't beat our child to death!"

"I don't care if she dies while I'm beating her! And she's not my child! She ceased to be my child when Davies walked out of that door!" Father barked.

Another lash.

"Nothing is her fault here!"

Another lash.