Chapter 18: Is it really a misunderstanding?

×🥀×

×🥀×

Author's Pov

Jisoo was standing outside the room Jennie was kept in. The case didn't settle for her either, after knowing how Jennie was able to transform into a Phoenix bird, just on her first try.

Her mind has been a hurdle of thought.

"What could've happened?" She asked herself, rubbing her fingers on her chin. Her eyes look inside the room through the small window glass and find the brunette sitting.

She immediately goes inside, "Jennie?" She called out but the girl seems unfazed, staring into nothing.

"Jennie?" She again tried, while shaking her friend's body. The brunette broke from her trance and looks at her worried friend.

Jisoo hugs her, she was very distressed about her younger friend. Jennie hugs back, a few tears on her milky white skin.

"Are you okay? Does something hurt?" The older asked, Jennie, shook her head. Nothing was hurting at all, she doesn't even clearly remember what happened.

"What happened?" She asked, Jisoo explained everything while grasping the younger's hands, giving her the warmth she needed.

"I─ I must've caused a lot of problems for you all, I am sorry." She hung her head low in guiltiness. She didn't want to cause trouble for them, it was purely unintentional.

"No worries, you weren't the one doing it, probably your spirit animal was the one." Jisoo tried to ooze off the guiltiness from the younger's.

"But still, where are others?" She suddenly asks as she doesn't seem to notice anyone.

"They are outside, wait let me call them." Jisoo hurriedly went outside to find Rosé and Lisa hugging each other and Taehyung still sitting, worried. The rest already were in their rooms.

"Jennie is awake." All three of them snapped their head in an instant and went inside, not even caring about the older.

"Omg, unnie!" Both the girls spoke and crushed Jennie in a tight hug, refusing to let her breathe.

"G-Guys, I can't breathe!" The two girls let her go and pouted, they were beyond angry at her for making them this worried.

"I am sorry." She spoke in a light voice, she was blameable. But, she was saying the truth, she didn't know what happened.

"It's not your fault, I will go and ask advisor Hong Ji-ssi if we can take you to our room." Rosé said, brunette nodded but Lisa had other plans.

"Oh, wait. I will come too." Before going Lisa gave a glance to Taehyung, giving him the hint.

They both were alone, Jennie looks around the room not knowing what to do.  An awkward silence erupting the room.

She looks around, the room was filled with lively plants and flowers. It gave her peace of mind. However, the guy was in distress.