Chapter 39: Soulmate's rejection.

×🥀×

×🥀×

Author's Pov

"What is the biggest motivation to success?" The old man asked his daughter, the beauty had no emotions on her face.

"Humiliation and being unworthy." She replied, the lessons her father taught her, she has learned everything words by word.

"Yes, and why do we kill?" He asked again, he was thirsty for the throne and he was proud he raised a beauty with brain.

"Because we want revenge." With a smile, the old man caresses his daughter's luscious hair, the one he combed and took care of.

"You have grown to be such a beauty, unlike your useless sibling." She remained unfazed.

Never in her life, she has once smiled, not alone and definitely not in front of anyone.

Her father told her to smile and did everything to bring it on her face but maybe she never learned it.

"Tomorrow is the grand battle right?" The older subtly nodded, cleaning her golden-colored study table.

"I will perform the ritual when everyone will be getting ready for the after-party. I am sure the King and Queen would be under Jin's."

"Wouldn't they would be ex-rulers?" She asked in curiosity. "Oh yeah, they no longer would be the rulers then." He replied.

"Then doesn't the ritual require the King and Queen but if they aren't the rulers anymore, will it even work?" The older smirked.

"Yes, it will because they would still have the crown on their head and it wouldn't be passed to your sibling."

She wonders, why does her father hate her sibling so much? But remembering that old woman's words, she grasped the situation well.

Their sibling is adopted and is actually the baby of that old woman. Why is she letting her baby get used?

Not that she cares, descendants are cruel anyway. After all her father is the biggest example of it.

"Do you think you will be able to complete this ritual?" She asked, her father was confident and nodded.

He has spent a decade trying to find this ritual. He has crossed all the lines of society without letting anyone know. He was a great pretender.

"Who is Jin?" After the sudden mention of this new name for their secret plan, she got pretty curious about him.

"Oh, he is a great guy. I have hypnotized him to do stuff for us. Gosh, he is your sibling's friend so he put on his trust in me earlier than I thought."