Chapter 49: Familiar faces, different plans.

×🥀×

×🥀×

Author's Pov

People change. We all know that but changing so drastically in that short time made Lisa wonder why?

Her eyes were barely opening since it was filled with tears so much, it felt like someone was pricking her eyes with a needle.

She turned around for a second to wipe her tears off. Her friends who unfortunately couldn't win were standing in front of her, on a little lower ground.

They tried their best to show support even though they were barely holding onto themselves, seeing yourself lose on something you prepared so hard for, really breaks your heart.

The head of the Air patrolling department bowed down to Lisa, her following right behind as a gesture of greeting each other.

He carefully attached the batch on her right sleeve, the batch she always dreamed of was finally hers. A thunder of claps followed after.

With a long sigh, she tries clearing her mind for a moment. She showed him a smile and bowed once again, the elder smiled back.

"Please maintain your distance from the trouble-causing kids if you don't wanna lose your job, it would be a stain on us Thunderbirds too." He advised her.

The silver chain she was wearing till now finally showed its weight. The weight of being a high-class member.

She subtly nodded, she can't refuse even if she wants to. Her head again hung a little low, slowly realizing the situation she was in.

Jungkook looks at her from the ground, the gap between them was vivid in front of his eyes. He finally understood how people felt when they lose a battle.

It has been a long time since he lost and that too from his best friend- no, she is not his friend anymore. He broke up that relationship a long time ago.

He lost to Lisa Manoban. The girl everyone dared to mess with, the kind girl that once laughed at his lamest jokes was now the one who made a joke of him.

He wasn't as amazing as he thought. All his brothers were now a member of the high society, he was the only one who couldn't win.

He couldn't win because he was always so self-obsessed with himself, thinking he will be able to win against anyone. He was too overconfident.

And he finally realized that.

He looks up once again as his eyes catch a glimpse of the girl who he once rejected, Judy. She used to have a huge crush on him.

But he rejected her in the worst way ever. In front of everyone, he humiliated her in front of everybody. And he didn't regret it once a bit.

Now, that same Judy was standing way higher than he ever could reach, she also catches him staring at her and smirks on her victory.