Chapter Two-My cat's on drugs

Chapter Two

Jace Collins was hot.

And I mean hot as in Jace outshone a volcano hot-he was just that just that hot. It was his dark hair and ruggedly good looks that made him the definition of hot. Those steel grey eyes which turned any girl's legs to jelly and made her stomach turn with so many butterflies that no matter what, Jace would find a way to work his way under your skin. That is if you're into bad boys or guys for that matter because in the twenty-first century lesbians and gays were walking freely and despite my efforts, finding a gay best friend was harder than I thought it would be.

It was because the hotness of Jace Collins that Bethany Willows also known as Queen B of high school and ultimate wannabe of a Mean Girl became jealous. Okay so I'm exaggerating and Beth wasn't jealous but I was more or less close. Beth was seething. The fury oozed out of her like some cheap pheromone inducing cologne that attracted every student at Chesterville who bothered about gossip and keeping and I quote Beth 'trendy'.

Now trendy wasn't the word most of us in Simpleton Land would use. Maybe the word cool or something like sick, but the good kind but never trendy, so of course Beth would use the word 'trendy' and like its definition, it became a trend to use the word 'trendy'. But I'm getting off topic here. Beth was furious because she really thought that I had made up the entire thing about having a boyfriend and yes so maybe I was, but no one had to know that.

The fact that my 'boyfriend' was Beth's ex-boyfriend was so worth getting caught in Jace's car asleep and drooling because the look on her face was absolutely priceless. Her blue eyes went wide with shock as she watched me sign my name on the girly, pink page decorated with hearts in aid of Valentine's Day with Jace signing his as my partner. Ah the sweet smell of revenge...or maybe it was Beth's cologne; I have a hard time telling the difference.

"Wait, so this is your boyfriend," Beth finally sputtered.

I glanced up at Jace who had a distant look in his eyes before I turned my attention back to Beth who although was a vile and wicked witch in secret, still managed to effortlessly look like every guy's dream. She was wearing a denim mini-skirt which showed off her regal and long looking legs and a plain black tank top where her chicken cutlets were buried under. And while her blonde hair was long and curly, it never even crossed the line of being frizzy like mine occasionally did.

"Yes this is my boyfriend Jace," I replied, pointing at Jace with my thumb.

"But," Beth finally managed, sounding more like herself, "that's impossible."

"Why?" Jace finally spoke, his voice smooth like velvet and all things rich and chocolate-ish.

"Because you left," Beth spat coldly, "you went to another school and," she pointed a finger at my face, "you couldn't even get a date to the junior dance."

I scoffed, "I could so get a date but I chose to go alone and protest independence."

Beth rolled her blue eyes at me before snapping, "Whatever. I know you're both up to something because frankly, Jace and you just don't scream couple."

Jace threw his arm around my shoulders which felt awkward yet comforting at the same time before he answered coolly, "Come on Pipsqueak, we've got that hot date to go to now."

Jace began to lead me away from Beth but I couldn't help but looking back at her. It would have made my day if I saw Beth gaping like a fish out of water, but in all honesty, nothing really made my day unless it involved a lot of crazy. Instead of the shocked look I would have expected on Beth's face, I found her blue eyes narrowed into two slits, resembling something out of a feral cat and her hands balled into fists.