Chapter Twenty Five-It's back on

Recap: (to aid you since it's difficult remember information, especially with such big breaks between uploads)

Characters:

Mrs Davis-Marilyn's Maths teacher and coordinator of the Best Couple competition

Laura-Jace's mother

Martin-Laura's husband, and drug-dealer Jace was caught up with

Will-Eliza's boyfriend (the one with the small ----)

Storyline so far:

Marilyn wanted to drop out of the competition, but because of a fight Jace got into, they had to wait otherwise, Mrs Davis would have been able to suspend Jace. And he really cannot afford to be suspended. John, managed by Lynn's father, has revealed some interesting revelations about Jace's past with Martin and this has led to an increase in Lynn's curiosity.

Hope you enjoy the chapter! :)

Chapter Twenty-Five

The Best Couple competition was less than three weeks away and Jace and I had still not dropped out. A part of me-the logical part-knew that it was because of Jace’s fight, but a smaller part of me was secretly hoping that it was because Jace didn’t want to quit the competition. But that was a ridiculous thing to have thought and I chastised myself for even letting the hope enter my mind.

I was going to be giving other couples, real couples, a fair competition and I was going to prove to myself that I was above Bethany Willows. Cheating a competition and lying about having a wonderful relationship with Jace was something she would do. And if I didn’t stop myself now then it meant that all the times I had spent ranting about how fake she was, made me a hypocrite.

Jace and I had decided that we would wait until his bruises disappeared to tell Mrs Davis about everything. But as the days went on, I found it more nerve-wracking. Especially since Mrs Davis insisted on chatting to my father via text messages. As much as I knew that their conversations probably meant nothing, I couldn’t help but noticing the small smiles my father would wear whenever his phone beeped, alerting him to another Maths joke Mrs Davis shared.

My father talking to Mrs Davis meant that it would only make things more difficult when I admitted to cheating in the competition. Mrs Davis surely would hate my father and then she would take out her anger on me and my Maths results, which were only improving through Jace’s tutors. Who would have thought that the arrogant bad boy would have been excellent at Maths?

In honesty, I was dreading the moment we would drop out of the competition. I knew that it meant that Jace and I would never speak to each other again and that eventually, we would go on pretending that nothing had ever occurred between us. And that was true. Nothing had really happened between us. Except for the measly fact that I probably, possibly, have fallen in love with him.

But I mean, what’s that opposed to the rest of his life?

It was the night before we would tell Mrs Davis everything, so Jace had invited me out. For ‘old times’ sake’ he had claimed. There was an underlying tone in his voice that had made me think that he meant that it was probably to end things between us on a lighter note. A good plan, unless if he hadn’t practically admitted to caring for me in the school’s kitchen.

Talk about toying with a girl’s emotions.

“You should tell him,” Eliza sighed.

She had come over and after a shared bag of popcorn and staring at Juno, I had admitted my feelings about Jace to her. Her reaction was more than what I had expected in the sense that she had jumped up, screaming with giddiness and in the process, shoved me off of the couch. I landed on the floor with a thud and found Eliza smiling down at me apologetically.