Chapter Eight-It's the mural, addicting and illegal

Happy Birthday to my bestie Tenzy-pooh (aka @Jezzebel) who celebrated her 17th birthday (08/03)...you're finally in the big leagues :) This chapter's meant for you =P

This chapter is especially dedicated to PureImpulse who made me the amazing banner to the right, don't ya just digz it? Song to the side applies to the fun side of this chapter *dances*

(I apologise for any mistakes and the numerous 'scene' changes in this chapter)

~Fact #6  People will automatically assume that you're mad at them when you're quiet.

Chapter Eight

Jace Collins was ignoring me.

It wasn’t full-on ignoring me, but his lack of emotion and response was getting to me and not in the good way-although I’m not sure how that could be taken in a good way. And in true style of rehabilitation groups, I will start the whole process of apologising. Even though the only thing I know about rehabilitation groups are facts based on alcoholics I watch in movies about some lame guy who ends up with a woman who’s gorgeous as ever.

And since I’m not a drug-addicted alcoholic, I’m just going to skip to the apologising part where Jace forgives me and we continue to take down Beth one day at a time. But that’s easier said than actually done. For starters, Jace was not just ignoring me-he was avoiding me. But I wouldn’t blame him. I judged a guy based on his mystery and the fact that I still knew next to nothing about him-that calls for some serious broody ‘me-time’.

But yeah, ‘me-time’ only works when you’re some crazy psychopath and maybe Old Man Joe eating tomato sandwiches in the library because no one wants to know you.

So there I was standing next to Jace’s car-because he locked it ever since I ‘broke’ in-and feeling as tired as ever. No, I didn’t stay up thinking about how horrible a person I was just because I may have insulted the one human who was willing to help me get back at Beth-but trust me, it was tempting to contemplate how nasty I was. The reason simply was Juno, my very hot and bothered cat who was pining her heart and soul for Marty who last night, had been locked indoors.

But I digress.

Students were milling about the parking lots-some more than others-getting ready to leave for home when I finally spotted Jace approaching me-okay his car. His hands were buried deeply into his pockets and his eyes were fixed on something beyond me. In that instant, I suddenly felt envious of his ‘I don’t give a damn’ attitude and casual stroll across the parking lot, not bothering about the other students who threw him glances that mirrored my own envy and admiration.

It took some time before Jace’s eyes finally realised that they were staring directly at me. Blinking, Jace seemed to snap out of the thoughts that were filling his mind and let his grey eyes fall onto my face, causing a slow rise of nausea to wash over me like a tidal wave. A scowl slowly took hold of his lips and his eyes narrowed slightly, making me wonder if I really needed to apologise instead of running away to my cat.

“Uh…” I squeaked, then cleared my throat when Jace sighed before I continued, “Can we talk?”

Jace shrugged before muttering, “Make it quick.”

Pushing away my bangs nervously, my voice came out high-pitched and nervous, “Look I just wanted to say that I’m sorry for you know, being rude and stuff…” I looked up only to notice Jace raising an eyebrow, “… and for judging you.”

Jace tilted his head to one side-and although I’d never admit it to him, he looked good-then finally replied, “So you’re trying to apologise?”