Chapter Three-The story of Linda and Jerk

Well I've decided to just insert little facts at the beginning of each chapter-hopefully they relate to the chapter and if not, oh well...time for the first fact (which is after all crude-they're the best kind of facts)

~Fact #1 Wearing socks during sex will cause a stronger and better orgasm~

Chapter Three

Cliché romances always seemed to make my heart melt.

For example, a very wonderful and exaggerated form of an example, there was your not-so-gorgeous looking heroine, who we shall call Linda. And then there was that sultry guy, the one that was drooled over by the entire high school population-which did include guys-and was totally and utterly out of reach. Now you toss these two characters together and voila! Instantly they’re hitting it off and sultry guy decides to break up with his vile girlfriend and date Linda. Now that was the kind of story that would make my heart melt so much, that you would think that I had popped it into a microwave.

But alas, the story of Linda and her sultry guy wasn’t my story because my story brought in a third person who out of the blue and at the time seemed like the perfect act of revenge against arch nemesis and boobs-a-lot Bethany Willows, who one might say is a fire-breathing dragon or Medusa, depending on what you look at. Now this said third person who entered my life was in fact the guy that in all cliché romances represented the bad guy, the dangerous one and of course utterly the rebel who seemed much more fun to hang around.

We’ll call him Jerk of the Century. Now Jerk wasn’t a bad looking guy-not even close to remotely ugly. He had the messy black hair, the kind you’d imagine some dangerous and sexy Greek God to have; his eyes were greyer than steel yet filled with amusement as he regarded everything. His face was chiselled to perfection, seemingly as if it was carved out of marble and all things God-like and then there was in fact his body which was hard and muscled like a knight’s in shining armour should be.

But aside from Jerk’s good and obvious handsome looks, there was a secret past to him that no one knew about. Not that Linda did either; she was just as clueless as everyone else. After all, Jerk left so suddenly all those years back and then to return out of the blue-it was pretty suspicious. And while most of the female population at Linda’s school pondered if Jerk was in fact a vampire or werewolf after the whole Twilight craze got hold of their minds, Linda couldn’t help but feel that Bethany Willows, the horrid witch of Chesterville knew something about it.

Linda however was not brave, for you see, Linda had an issue with her height and whenever it involved people being a whole lot taller than her, she chose to back out and run away much like her pet cat high on catnip. Unfortunately Linda also wasn’t very smart and seemed to be a little over her head because she felt as though Jerk was just made out to be worse than he really was and so this time, height didn’t deter her from her curiosity. Oh poor Linda, you fool, you should have just listened to the good old saying of ‘curiosity killed the cat’.

Now for those of you who have been reading that and not have zoned out at the mention of Jerk who by the way is actually Jace in case you have forgotten already, I was playing Linda perfectly. After all, I was short, had developed and overly huge crush on Brett and was in fact ‘dating’ the school’s bad boy just to win some silly Valentine’s Day competition to prove that I, Marilyn Jenson, could take on Bethany Willows, vilest of the cheerleaders down and maybe in the process, start a world domination.

But things weren’t going as I had hoped for.

Fake-dating Jace Collins was like riding a roller-coaster with no security belt and bars, it was dangerous and messy and if I didn’t keep an eye out on Jace, he’d just end up blurting out to his biker friends that he was, “Doing the short kid a favour” and then they’d look at me all funny as though I still belonged in diapers and then question me, “How old are you?” or even worse, they would pat my head like I was their little dog or something.