Season 1 - Episode 13: The First Moment

"Sooo.. What are your plans for Thanksgiving?"

You looked up from your work and at Jayden. "I think we're celebrating with my family at my Grandparents' house this year? I don't know.. They haven't really told me yet." You replied to Jayden, making him nod in response. "What about you?" You asked him.

"Oh- Uh... My family lives in San Diego. And unfortunately they can't come over this year. So I'm just gonna watch movies at home." He said in a sad tone. "Awww. I'm so sorry that you can't celebrate with your family this year." You replied, feeling bad for him. "It's fine." He smiled slightly.

You didn't want Jayden to be alone on Thanksgiving. You didn't want him to be alone at all. So you thought about how you could help him for Thanksgiving. After a few minutes of thinking, You finally came up with an idea.

"What if... I spend Thanksgiving with you this year?" You suggested. Jayden looked at you. "But don't you have a family gathering this year?" Jayden pointed out. You sighed. "I know... But I'd rather skip a family gathering than see my best friend by himself during the holidays." You smiled. He smiled back at you.

"Thank you, Y/N.." Jayden thanked you. "Don't worry about it!" You smiled even more. You and Jayden shared a small hug and pulled away. Then Amy walked over to the both of you. "So, Y/N. Are you coming to Thanksgiving?" She asked.

"No, actually. I was planning to spend time with Jayden this year. Sorry.. But tell them I send them the best wishes." You replied nervously. "Oh.. It's okay! I'll just tell the family when we get there, okay? You guys can have fun!" She smiled. "...But not too much fun." She continued jokingly. You rolled your eyes, "Of course!".

She then walked away and you turned back to your desk mate with a smile on your face. "So.. Wanna go see a movie?" You suggested. Jayden smiled widely. He grabbed his bag and jacket excitedly. You smiled and did the same.

You were determined to make today one of the best Thanksgivings he's ever had.
———————————
It was about a few hours after the movie You and Jayden saw and the both of you were walking around the city together. You both were talking about the movie as you walked.

"Oh my gosh, remember that part where Yelena and Natasha were trying to escape. And Natasha was trying to explain the plan to Yelena and Yelena was like Well, your plan sucks!" You recalled the scene and laughed. "That part was really funny!" Jayden replied laughing and pointing at you.

"Yelena is a national treasure. PERIODT." You stated, making Jayden laugh and nod, agreeing with you.

The both of you continued to talk and laugh together as you walked down the streets of Brooklyn. After about 10 minutes, You and Jayden passed a 7-Eleven. You both stopped and looked at each other. "Do you want to get some snacks? My treat." You suggested. "Sure!" He replied with a smile.
———————————
The both of you were at the counter, paying for the things you picked out.

"Hey uh- Do you want me to pay?" Jayden asked as the both of you waited for the cashier to scan your things. "No, no. It's okay! It's my treat anyways." You replied as you pulled out the wallet from your pocket. "Are you sure?" He questioned and you nodded. The cashier asked for you to pay and you handed them the money.

The cashier handed you the bag of the things you and Jayden bought. You took it and hung the handle over your wrist. You and Jayden thanked the cashier and left the 7-Eleven together. You stood at the side of the footpath and quickly put your wallet in your pocket again.

Jayden got out his wallet and pulled out a $20 bill. He handed it to you. "Huh? What's this for?" You asked him. "I'm paying you back since you payed for the snacks!" He replied, putting the money in your hand. You handed the $20 dollar bill back to him.