Season 2 - Episode 4: Moving On

"Uh- Santiago? Are you paying attention?"

You snapped out of your trance and looked to the officer speaking to you. "Oh! Yeah, I was paying attention." You clearly lied. The officer sighed, knowing you didn't pay attention to a word he said. "So then, are you and Ian done with your case?" The officer asked.

"Oh yeah!" You replied, going through the files on your desk. You finally found the files for the case and handed them to the officer. He thanked you and walked away with the files in hand. You then continued working on the paperwork that was handed to you earlier.

You were still trying to get Jayden off your mind. You were trying to stop thinking about it for three weeks. Eventually, you managed to stop thinking of Jayden most of the time. Over the time of getting over Jayden, you remembered what Ian said. You finally accepted the fact that it was better off for you to move on.

You then heard the elevator arrive to the fourth floor. You looked up and saw Jayden walking out of the elevator with Arthur.

Also, speaking of moving on..

It looks like you already did.

Somehow, you've been randomly having these daydreams with you and Ian together. Not that "together" where you're spending time with him, it's that "together". Surely you haven't fallen for Ian over the last 3 weeks, right?...

Nope, you have fallen for Ian. At this point, you're quite in love with him. Somehow, you've managed to hide it. Which is obviously good because the last thing you want is for Ian to find out your secret and for it to ruin your friendship. But you're going to have to tell him eventually. And you've been getting ready to tell him..

You then went back to doing your work until you felt a tap on your shoulder.

You looked over and saw Ian standing there, holding a small brown bag full of food for you. "Thanks." You smiled a little bit and took the bag from is hand. Ian smiled back, "No worries". Ian then went back to his desk.
———————————
It was finally time for your lunch break and you were hanging out at Starbucks with Amy and Charles.

"How do you not have a boyfriend?" Amy asked. You sighed, slightly annoyed of this question. "Why are we talking about my dating life with Charles?" You asked your aunt. "I mean I am invested in this, so please continue." Charles said, taking a bite from his croissant.

You rolled your eyes. "Well, you're absolutely stunning, you have an amazing personality.. so I don't get how you don't have a boyfriend!" Your aunt explained. You sighed, "I guess I haven't found anyone?" You shrugged.

"Oh I can give you the phone numbers of one of my nephews though. They're pretty cute!" Charles suggested, going to grab his phone from his pocket. "Uh.. no thanks." You declined the offer. Amy sighed, "Y/N, you really need someone." She said as she placed her hand on top of yours.

"Nope, I am fine being single and I am leaving." You replied, grabbing your coffee and your bag. You stood up from your chair and walked out of the Starbucks, leaving Amy and Charles with your little secret.
———————————
At his desk, Ian continued to do the paperwork, vibing to Nick Jonas with his earphones on. Music distracted Ian from the drama in his life. It helped him escape reality and relax.

Ian looked up from his work and placed his completed file on the 'finished' pile. He looked up and saw you concentrating on the file you were working on. He smiled, thinking that your concentrated expression was cute. He then realised what he thought and shook his head, looking away with blush creeping onto his face.

Ian obviously liked you, but he was just too scared to admit it to anyone. Some people (Your fellow detectives at the precinct) would ask him about it. Of course, he would deny that he has feelings for you when he actually does.

During all the denying and hiding of feelings, Ian has been trying to gain the courage to tell you how he feels. And so have you! You and Ian have been waiting for the right time to confess your feelings to each other. But according to you both,

The right time is still to come.