Season 3 - Episode 4: Going.

"Stupid alarm.."

You grabbed your phone from your nightstand and stopped the alarm that played an annoying ringing sound. You sighed and placed your phone back on your nightstand.

You laid on your back and stared at the ceiling.

It was the beginning of a new week. Everything from the last week was all behind you. Everything was going to be normal. Everything was going to be just like how it used to be.

Right?

Hell no.

This week was going to be very different. It was going to be nothing like how it used to be. Why? Because your best friend wasn't here. You always seemed to enjoy yourself when he was around.

Whenever you were around Jayden, you always felt like yourself. You were always yourself around him. You always felt so safe and happy around him.

Why did you feel like this? Well, he was your best friend after all. But it also could be more than that..

Anyways..

The second he left the Nine-Nine, your anxiousness took over you. You were scared for him. You were scared that Thomas and Walter got Jayden before he could even get to them.

You felt like you were the one that should be doing this. You felt like you should help him at least. But of course, Captain Holt and Terry were going to stop you.

So you couldn't really do anything.

And since you couldn't do anything, it made you feel even more guilty. The fact that Jayden was risking his life to catch these criminals for you was.. flattering, of course. But it was mainly making you feel guilty.

You wanted to do something for your family...

And especially for him.

~'~'~'~

It was already the second week without him.

And it was just as depressing as the first week.

You were currently at work, trying to get through some paperwork while trying to stay awake.

Sometimes you think about if you went instead of Jayden. Of course it was too late now, but going to help him would even be okay for you. Still, you couldn't go... But who was going to stop you?

"Y/N Santiago, if you are planning to leave this precinct to help Detective Collins, I will make you do paperwork for the rest of the year." Terry threatened nonchalantly, focussing on his work. "Come on, Sarge!" You whined as you got up from your chair, going over to the Sergeant.

"Jayden shouldn't be the one to clean up my family's mess with the Howards, I should!" You claimed. Terry shook his head and turned to you, "No, Y/N".

"Sarge, please. This is for my family." You begged. Terry shook his head again, "Y/N, Listen to me." He instructed, turning to you.

"You have to be here. First of all, you only just started to get over a break up. Second, your uncle is in a coma and your aunt isn't really in the best mental state!" Terry pointed out.

"I- Excuse me-"

"Y/N, just face it. You know it's true." Terry looked at you. You glared at him, giving him a stern look. After a few moments, your angered expression began to soften up, as you realised what he said was true.

You sighed and looked down. "Look, Y/N.." Terry began, making you glance up to him again.

"I know you want to this for your family and the people you love. But the best thing you can do is to be there for them." He advised, making you look down again. "Plus, the last thing Jayden would want is for you to be in a dangerous place." Terry pointed out, making your head snap up to him, revealing your flustered self.

"What makes you think-" Terry interrupted you with a small chuckle.

"Don't worry. I won't tell a soul about your love for him." He said with a small grin. Your cheeks became redder, "I-It's platonic!".

Terry chuckled, "Whatever you say, Y/N." He said has his playful grin grew. "Now, before you go, promise that you won't work on Jayden's case." Terry instructed. You looked at him, upset, making him return a stern look. You sighed, "Fine".

You turned and went over to your desk, smirking a bit.

~'~'~'~

It's been a few weeks since you began to work on the case yourself.

Every now and then you'd work on the case in secret, finding more evidence that could help you and Jayden (if he wants to work with you). You finally gathered all the evidence you and Jayden would be needing. But how do you deliver this work to him?

You're going to deliver it.

In person.

Of course you remember Terry AND Captain Holt said not to go. But you're going anyways. And not following a Sergeant and Captain's orders is very not Santiago-like. But you would spend quite some time with Jake and the squad, so you may have been influenced in a way?

Anyways...

You managed to get out of the precinct without any suspicious glances. How? That'll forever be unknown. But the good thing is no one was suspicious of you about going on this highly dangerous mission.

Since it was very dangerous, you would have second thoughts every now and then. But in the end, you managed to decide that going was the right thing to do.

Which it clearly isn't, but it's what you thought.

You were now heading into your father's apartment. You knew that if he found out that you were flying out of the state for a dangerous assignment, he would lose his shit. But you still hoped that he would understand.

You unlocked the door to your father's apartment and walked in, closing the door behind you quietly. You then saw your dad laying on the couch, asleep. You assumed that he fell asleep while he was watching TV.

You went over and placed a note on the coffee table in front of your dad's couch. While you were writing the note beforehand, you were trying to decide if you wanted to tell him you would be gone or not. Eventually you decided to write the note, thinking that he would understand.

Plus, you were going to be home as soon as possible... right?

A moment later, you glanced over to your dad and planted a kiss on his cheek gently.

"Te amo, papá. I'll be home soon." You said quietly to him as you teared up slightly, smiling a bit. You then got up and went over to your dad's apartment door and opened it. You looked over to your dad and sighed, smiling. You then walked out of your dad's apartment, shutting and locking the door behind you.

You then began to walk out of the apartment building.

You couldn't believe it. You were solving a case on your own. Well maybe not on your own, because you were working with your closest friend.

Either way, it was going to be one hell of a ride...